Sony Digital Flash Voice Recorder

**Item: **Sony Digital Flash Voice Recorder
Price: $49.99
Shipping Options: $5 Standard OR $9 Two-Day OR $12 One-Day
Condition: New

[Search Amazon](http://www.amazon.com/s/?field-keywords=Sony Digital Flash Voice Recorder)

[Search Google](Google Digital Flash Voice Recorder)

Previous Similar Sales (May not be exact model)
8/22/2013 - $49.99 (Woot-off) - 11 comment(s)

More info, details, and a 5 star review on the Product Page
Here are some good reviews at BH Photo Video

Lot’s of comments from when this was offered in August

If you include the shipping, this isn’t much of a deal. The same model is sold on amazon.co.jp for the same price (http://www.amazon.co.jp/SONY-メモリーカードレコーダー-LX30-ホワイト-ICD-LX30/dp/B005PJD07G/), and there are similarly priced alternatives to this on amazon.com

The product’s page is contradictory. On the one hand, it states that this has 2 stereo mics. But it also states this: “Recording System : Digital, Monaural Recording.” What good are 2 stereo mics if the recording format is only monaural?

Surprised Woot hasn’t fixed this insanely bad description. Here be de truth. From my previous post, following my order:

"Got mine today and am very pleased. I can confirm it DOES record in stereo and you CAN read files from the SD card, but it does NOT have a direct cable connection to a computer, so you take the card out and use a reader.

The speaker is much better than expected, so you can get a good idea of the quality of the recording.

Very simple controls.

Great quality mics and it will be put to use right away for a radio show I do, plus other audio projects."

I’m using my later today for broadcast audio news work at an event.

And the shipping from Japan is?? And sending it back to Japan for warranty series is???

Bottom line, it’s a darn good little $50 recorder right here in the good ol’ USA.

He probably meant item B007BD0HK2, which is $65 shipped 3rd party but fulfilled by Amazon. The one he linked to is the white version.

I’ve got a totally off topic question. How do you make that nice little link that you can type whatever and it will link you to whatever?

@tigriss7, start a reply directly to any post that looks like that and look closely at the brackets, codes, etc… You’ll see the pattern so you can reproduce it with the link of your choice.

Personally, while those nicely labeled (disguised) links are easy to read, what I don’t like is someone could hide a nasty link behind a perfectly honest looking post. Therefore I show the actual link at the bottom of my posts with the “url” codes before and after the link, making it clickable.

Refer to the formatting hints to the right of the comment creating box while writing your comment.

just to let people know, while this will take 2xAAA Rechargeable batteries, it will not charge the batteries while plugged in via the wall outlet.

The same recorder is at amazon for $65 free shipping. although that one there does say usb direct connect, but I sure cant see a spot for a usb port on it

Yep, woot wants me to use the full url because I can’t get the hyperlink code to work due to an error on their side, meaning they didn’t approve of my keystrokes. The tinyurl I used isn’t clickable, so I’ll just take up loads of space posting what I was trying to test.

http://www.amazon.com/Sony-Digital-Flash-Recorder-ICD-PX312/dp/B004M8SSZK

Not that it has anything to do with this discussion.

are these physical dimensions accurate? seems pretty big for a flash recorder

4.625"(W) x 1.125"(H) x 3.125"(D)

From the last sale:

We fixed this in our sale this time.

I bought one last time. It’s a little bit bigger than my cell phone in an otter box. I have a Galaxy SII.

I wish it was a little less obtrusive but I only use it to record lectures so I just leave it in the bag and lay it under my cell phone so it’s not as bad of an eye sore.

edit: spelling

Is this the Conan the Librarian from Colorado ? Dude !!! Long Time !

My point is twofold; firstly that $55 dollars for this model isn’t a particularly good deal (because that’s the normal price as indicated by the link), and secondly that for $55, you can get other, just as good recorders, albeit with an actual returns policy (gasp!).

If you want to up the game a bit, a new or used Zoom H2 might be a good choice.