Sony DRU510A 4x DVD+/-RW Drive

No election theme? :frowning:

Sony DRU510A 4x DVD+/-RW Drive
Sony 4x4x12x24x16x32x Drive
$39.99 + $5 Shipping and Handling
Sonyā€™s Dual RW DVD technology means you donā€™t have to worry about DVD formats. Create DVDs of your favorite home movies and even interactive slide shows that playback on most standard DVD players. Dual RW drives can burn all popular DVD formats and even CD-R/RW, so youā€™re covered no matter which of the popular DVD formats becomes popular. Go with the leader, Go with Sony!

Sonyā€™s Dual RW DVD/CD drive records up to 4.7 GB of data or more than 2 hours of high quality MPEG2 video on a DVD+RW/+R or DVD-RW/-R disk. The DRU-510A also supports multiple DVD formats including DVD+RW, DVD+R, DVD-RW, and DVD-R for optimal compatibility with your playback hardware and functions as a high performance CD burner, up to 24X CD-R and 16X CD-RW burning.

Sony doesnā€™t cut corners on the software bundle which is as comprehensive as they come. You get three Veritas products: RecordNow DX, for mastering all types of optical media; Drive Letter Access, to handle packet-writing chores; and Simple Backup, for backing up and disaster recovery. Youā€™ll also appreciate the included copies of Sonic Solutions MyDVD for authoring DVD movies and video CDs, ArcSoft ShowBiz for video editing, CyberLink PowerDVD for DVD movie and video CD playback, and MusicMatch Jukebox for playing audio CDs.

Specifications: Condition: Recertified by Sony, sealed Sony box

Write Speed: DVD-R: 1x, 2x, 4x maximum

Write Speed: DVD-RW: 1x, 2x maximum

Write Speed: DVD+R: 2.4x, 4x maximum

Write Speed: DVD+RW: 2.4x, 4x maximum

Write Speed: CD-R: 4x, 12x, 16x, 24x Z-CLV maximum

Write Speed: CD-RW: 4x, 10x, 16x maximum

Read Speed: DVD-ROM: 12x maximum

Read Speed: CD-ROM: 32x maximum

Random Access Time: 200 milliseconds (DVD 8x), 160 200 milliseconds (CD 32x)

Sustained Data Transfer Rate: 11.4 Mbps (8x DVD-ROM)

Buffer Memory: 8 MB

Supported disc format: DVD-ROM, DVD+R, DVD+RW, DVD-R, DVD-RW, DVD-Video CD, CD-DA, CD-ROM (XA), CD Extra, Video CD, Photo CD, CD Text, multi-session

Software Bundle:

Veritas RecordNow DX

Veritas DLA

Veritas Simple Backup

Sonic Solutions MyDVD

ArcSoft ShowBiz

Cyberlink PowerDVD

MusicMatch Jukebox

No need!

Decent priceā€¦

/Owns a PowerMac G5 (w00t!)

WOOT RULES!!! Common guys, kick-ass 5.1 speakers or a 50$ Robosapien to shut those guys up. lol

When I saw the new woot, and the price. My heart dropped. After the first woot-off, I bought a Sony DRX-530UL for $89.99. Thought this was the same thing (quick glance at the picture). Thought what I bought a month ago had dropped in price to almost half.

This would have been a nice day for a Woot off!

Decent deal, but have my external one from 2 Woot-offs ago.

not badā€¦ maybe if it was 10$ cheaper

nice, froogles for $85 shipped

There is already one of these in my comp. I stayed up for this?!?!?!??

already have a sony (DVD+/-) would buy if i didnt already have one.

Good woot?

I have one. I didnā€™t stay up for this, though. Huzzah!

[url]http://www.kyouteki.com/election[/url]

Oh yeah! And this is internal, the DRX-530UL is external. Whew!

4x? Too slow. Sleepy time.

CAN WE GET DOUBLE SIDED DVD WR?

again??
where is the 5.1 speakers?

woot ow3d = www.techblowouts.com :twisted:

I have the feeling somethingā€™s going on that I donā€™t quite understandā€¦

The description doesnā€™t mention dual-layer DVDs. Does this write dual-layer? If it does, Iā€™ll probably buy oneā€¦

ā€“
M

Just ordered three. This will sell out in no time.