Sony DRX530UL USB2.0 /Firewire 8x DVD+/-RW Drive

Welcome to the Sony 8x External DVD+/-RW drive topic page for this product on Monday, July 19th. Please post your questions, experiences, or pricing comments for the Sony DRX530UL here.

woot, what happened? the other deals were much better…

you can get a better deal than this… goto pricegrabber.com and search for DRX530UL

newegg.com has it NEW for $149 plus there is a $30 rebate (found on pricegrabber.com)

sorry woot!

just one question:
why woot don’t just sell those stuff on ebay or amazon to make much more money without any difficulties??

anyone know if this drive does dual layer format?

btw $30 rebate not good at tigerdirect or newegg, only stores at high price listed on rebate form.

dual layer is a firmware update, same laser hardware. takes almost an hour to burn a dual layer disc and the media costs 10x more to hold 1.8x more.

no, homey, dual layer isn’t until you step up to the 700ul model …

[quote user=“soylent”]woot, what happened? the other deals were much better…

you can get a better deal than this… goto pricegrabber.com and search for DRX530UL

newegg.com has it NEW for $149 plus there is a $30 rebate (found on pricegrabber.com)

sorry woot![/quote]They got everyone to visit their site and cause discussion by listing prices BELOW COST last week. So they were losing money for marketing purposes. Now they jack the prices up when you are convinced that this has to be the best deal.

Yeah, they did kick ass last week and I don’t need an external burner so this deal sucks for me. Looks like best price out there if that rebate doesn’t work but $30 less for refurb is only fair.

Anyone have an extra tivo from last week? Woot you must have at least one left for me!

Give them a break for a day or two… One lukewarm deal and everyone is badmouthing. I’m sure when you have one item to post every day they are not all going to be equally as hot of a deal.

We’ll know within a week if they did what some are insinuating (loss leader products to get traffic). I think they know better than think the “techies” and bargain hunters who visit this site would be fooled by that in the long run. We’ll see…

I got in on the TIVO deal…

If woot gets my money once a week with an oustanding buy then
that will beat any other online business by a longshot…

Last thing us “END USERS” need is bottom dwellers complaining about deals
not being good enough (when all they want is to flip it on EBAY for a profit)…

Woot should look through database to determine those buyers that are grabbing
3 items per on 3 different accounts (9 total items) and show them the door…

I’m hoping they do it because they are just nice guys who have the opportunity … hopefully they will continue to do it even with people like you being @$$holes about it. It’s still a good price, they aren’t miracle workers and never claimed to be.

This is good deal – thanks again, woot. A Sony refurb is probably better than new 'cause I know they’ve gone back through Sony’s reconditioning process — tested, complete kit w/ everything you need, etc – Sony, no Baloney! (any of you wooters old enough to remember that one??)

[quote user=“sirwanksalot”]I got in on the TIVO deal…

If woot gets my money once a week with an oustanding buy then
that will beat any other online business by a longshot…

Last thing us “END USERS” need is bottom dwellers complaining about deals
not being good enough (when all they want is to flip it on EBAY for a profit)…

Woot should look through database to determine those buyers that are grabbing
3 items per on 3 different accounts (9 total items) and show them the door…[/quote]what the hell do they care if people are reselling? if they get their money, what does it matter.

Do not, I repeat, do not buy from this place. If you are already skeptical, you should be. I tried to buy the keyboard that they were selling and they sent me a cheap scanner. I sent the scanner back and they said that they were going to resend the keyboard and never did. Meanwhile, I contacted my credit card company and they said that Woot.com tried to bill me twice for the keyboard that I never received. Needless to say, it is disputed. I have tried to contact Woot many times about this and I do not get a response. Please everyone - do not deal with them. They will take advantage of you. I have given them at least 3 warnings for them to respond without me posting a message about it on this board but I think it is time to tell people about it now.

[quote user=“jeb”]Do not, I repeat, do not buy from this place. If you are already skeptical, you should be. I tried to buy the keyboard that they were selling and they sent me a cheap scanner. I sent the scanner back and they said that they were going to resend the keyboard and never did. Meanwhile, I contacted my credit card company and they said that Woot.com tried to bill me twice for the keyboard that I never received. Needless to say, it is disputed. I have tried to contact Woot many times about this and I do not get a response. Please everyone - do not deal with them. They will take advantage of you. I have given them at least 3 warnings for them to respond without me posting a message about it on this board but I think it is time to tell people about it now.[/quote]well, just because you have a bad time with them doesn’t mean others will.

I like this site and the offerings. So far nothing has gone wrong for m

[quote user=“dopey5007”][quote user=“jeb”]Do not, I repeat, do not buy from this place. If you are already skeptical, you should be. I tried to buy the keyboard that they were selling and they sent me a cheap scanner. I sent the scanner back and they said that they were going to resend the keyboard and never did. Meanwhile, I contacted my credit card company and they said that Woot.com tried to bill me twice for the keyboard that I never received. Needless to say, it is disputed. I have tried to contact Woot many times about this and I do not get a response. Please everyone - do not deal with them. They will take advantage of you. I have given them at least 3 warnings for them to respond without me posting a message about it on this board but I think it is time to tell people about it now.[/quote]well, just because you have a bad time with them doesn’t mean others will.

I like this site and the offerings. So far nothing has gone wrong for m[/quote]

Heh… That post was from last year, when woot was still growing up. They’ve worked out the kinks. Well, most of the kinks. [;)]

woot, what happened? the other deals were much better…

sorry woot!

just one question:
why woot don’t just sell those stuff on ebay or amazon to make much more money without any difficulties??

anyone know if this drive does dual layer format?

btw $30 rebate not good at tigerdirect or newegg, only stores at high price listed on rebate form.

dual layer is a firmware update, same laser hardware. takes almost an hour to burn a dual layer disc and the media costs 10x more to hold 1.8x more.