Sony Playstation 3 Console 80GB - Black

Sony Playstation 3 Console 80GB - Black

Is this ps2 backwards compatible?

1 Like

I will follow this

Hi there. We’re helping Amazon clear out some inventory so we don’t have eyes on the items. There could be a variation of models of the PS3.

be cautious of used hardware from Woot. MANY people have gotten defective units from these sales. they claim that the consoles have been cleaned and tested but as ThunderThighs has mentioned on numerous occasions in the forums, these are from Amazon stock and Woot never sees them before Amazon ships them out. They are almost certainly not tested other than possibly plugging in power to see if an LED lights up and will definitely have cosmetic damage if not functional damage as well. On the plus side, there doesn’t seem to be any issues w/ returning them and getting a refund because Woot knows exactly what they are selling you and it’s just more stock for them to sell the next time these consoles come up for sale.

As a point of reference, here is 1 of many threads from a previous sale:

1 Like

Please note that we now note them as “used”.

changing what you call the item doesn’t change what you are doing. you are still selling overpriced, untested, uncleaned consoles. as you have said in EVERY reply to every thread you ‘don’t have eyes on them’ and it shows. amazon is taking returns for consoles in the most horrible conditions and not checking them and then you are reselling them to us. it’s a shitty way to treat your customer base. do better.

1 Like

I purchased one of these as it said it was backwards compatible. Put in a ps2 disc and it is not actually backwards compatible. Very dissatisfied.

1 Like

Hi there. It says some games. Not sure all are?

Anyway, please reach out to Woot! Customer Service.

From a browser, use the Woot! Customer Service form.

In the Woot! App, choose Account from the bottom navigation and then Support.

Woots descriptions is extremely vague. all PS3 consoles are backwards compatible with ps1 games, but not all are backwards compatible w/ ps2 games. check the model # of the unit you received against this list to determine if it should play ps2 games or not.

1 Like

I agree with whitekenny, we should know what we’re purchasing as the consumer and Woot should know what they’re off loading on us. At least have better descriptions, be transparent with us. I don’t claim to know where these PS3s originated from nor do I understand how business operations are handled between Amazon and Woot under one umbrella, but I also don’t think we’re asking for too much… as potential customers, we just want to know what we’re getting ourselves into (especially at this price point). Amazon (or whoever) should at least test the systems, even GameStop tests their systems (albeit in poor execution). Shoot, pay me and I’ll test out those used systems =P

2 Likes

check this other forum post, it’s pretty much been confirmed that woot will never do that. and, the reason is cost…even thought they are already charging way too much for their used consoles and games. check against pricecharting.com before buying anything and you’ll see that they are charging sometimes double what a game is worth. pricecharting lists value for loose, complete in box, and band new but for woot you have to go by the loose values cause you have no idea how you will get it. even if the image of the game or console is a boxed item you are almost guaranteed to get loose anyway.

Like I said we all are great customers to woot… When we post or comment it’s to let other know what they are purchasing so to me we are like a family… So after reading what Thunder Thighs wrote… To me its like "let’s feed the slop to the pigs! They will take it)!! If it’s not good as you say… No eyes on it… Dont post to sale

1 Like

I fell for the same thing too. The specs SAY it’s backwards compatible. It’s not actually PS backwards compatible.

Hi there. Please reach out to Woot! Customer Service.

From a browser, use the Woot! Customer Service form.

In the Woot! App, choose Account from the bottom navigation and then Support.

Note: Woot! Customer Service replies go to the email address on your Woot! account, not your Amazon login email if used/different.