Sony STAMINA PLUS Batteries - 5 Sizes

How many batteries and what type do you get with this deal? How many is “5 sizes”?

Here ya go!

You have to click on the “I want one” button or the picture and then peruse the details in the pulldown to get the details for quantities and pricing.

Just Another Woot Website Innovation!

The A and B designations weren’t specific battery sizes. They were used to power radios and such that used vacuum tubes for amplification. The A battery powered the electron emitting filament/cathode and the B battery supplied a usually higher voltage needed for the circuit itself. There was occasionally a C battery which supplied a third “bias” voltage needed in some circuits – this was not the current C size, but another arbitrary designation.

The F cell is the same diameter as a D, but about 50% longer. Sometimes there are 4 size F cells in a 6 volt lantern battery (not 48 AA as shown on youtube).

Going smaller, there’s the AA, AAA, AAAA, and the N cell which is about the size of a half-length AAA.

oops.

Aren’t AAAA what’s inside some 9V batteries?

Yes. there are 4 AAAA batteries in a 9V.

The question is, are these batteries any goo how do they stack up against Duracell? Does anyone have any real world experience say in FRS radios?

Although it is always good to have an ample battery supply on hand for devices like remote controls, smoke detectors, and some toys… I recommend people strongly consider recharable batteries for things like cameras, handheld video games, RC cars etc, etc.

I purchased a few packages of the Energizer AA batteries for use in my daughter’s handheld leapfrog video game and for her remote control Barbi car because the regular AA’s just didn’t last very long. If she left the car on it would burn through a set of batteries in a day even while sitting in the same place.

Now, when the battery level gets low I just pop them into the charger and a few hours later they are as good as new.

Rechargeables aren’t ideal for everything and their cost is far too high to use them exclusively, but they can be useful in many situations. Considering how many regular batteries one set of rechargeables will replace they are clearly the better value.

It would have been more friendly of Woot to also include a simple size-price table in the features tab like they do when they have multiple TV models in a woot. There are only 5 options today and they’ve had more TV models in a Woot previously.

In about 1950 my dad came up with our first portable radio. It had real tubes, and two batteries, one heavy wet cell just to fire up the tubes, and another for the rest of the circuitry. Wish I still had it.

The B battery used to be one of the components of old hearing aids that fit in a shirt or pants pocket. This would date back to the 1940s, I believe.

OK I found this:
bottom of page for Sony
http://rightbattery.com/category/alkaline-batteries/page/2/

bottom for Duracell regular
http://rightbattery.com/category/alkaline-batteries/page/5/

Bottom of page for Dueracell Ultra
http://rightbattery.com/category/alkaline-batteries/page/4/

I think I’ll get some of these and try them out.

From the pics it looks like we have a choice of source country as long as we’re flexible on battery size…

AAA - can’t tell… perhaps China, US, or Mexico since those are not represented below?
AA - Indonesia
C - Japan
D - Korea
9-volt - Malaysia

Let’s put this rumor to bed.

Compare $14.99 for 72 AA Alkalines + $5.00 Shipping & no Tax to other sources. Not a bad deal.

When comparing be sure to add in the sales tax charged by local retailers and Amazon. (Some other online co’s charge shipping.)

Looked at Duracell Pro, said to be 50% more capacity, but they are 3x+ the cost, so hardly a deal.

We’re trying to switch devices to ones that have 5v rechargeable packs & then supplement with NewTrent & similar power packs.

@hdtvcamera, I didn’t claim the “Nova” name impacted sales as your post implies. Only that it illustrated a lack of cross cultural awareness (edit: @wanpakumono prefers the word “sensitivity” here), which it did.

Creds: I worked for an automotive company in the product area. I assure you this example was regularly brought up when evaluating product names. Snopes is not perfect - don’t believe everything they say.

We’ve had good success with Sony alkaline in all our remotes, seemingly endless kids toys, Wii controllers, radios, etc. Are they as good as Duracell? Don’t know…but I do know they last long & cost us a hell of a lot less so a good deal for this fam!

Funny you refer to this- reminds me of a story when I was in Cancun. We were at a bungee jump and some friends I made there in Mexico, and I, were trying to help persuade this girl (Gina)to jump- she was a bit nervous when she got to the top. But after chants of Va(Go) Gina, Va(Go)Gina- it finally convinced her to jump. Imagine that- sorry, a little off topic.

Isn’t is 6?

6 times 1.5 is 9?

If you’re considering rechargeables, I highly recommend the Sanyo Eneloops - they are one of the better rechargeable batteries out there. They still retain 80% or more of their charge after sitting on the shelf for a year (my energizers seem to lose their charge after sitting for a week!) They are expensive, but you get what you pay for (still waiting for Woot to offer a deal on these). The LaCrosse BC1000 charger is also a nice companion - it can rejuvenate some of your rechargeables that are seemingly on their last legs.