Sony VAIO LT Series All-In-One PC/TV with 22" LCD

A reviewer on Buzzillions gave it 5 stars too…
http://www.buzzillions.com/x/s?Ntt=Sony+Vaio+LT+Series&N=0&D=x

“Comes pre-installed with Microsoft Windows Vista® Home Premium to make it easier and more enjoyable to do just about anything on your PC.”

This may be the funniest thing Woot writers have ever come up with.

Ol’ Dale wouldn’t want me buyin’ this here truck.

This computer is pretty awesome if you ask me. Sure it is over priced even on woot, but you have a true multimedia setup with this. You can use this as your tv/dvd player/dvr, and you can also use it as a computer.

Sure you can setup a system that does all of this for much cheaper, but then you would have a bulky computer that has to be connected, with this it is very sleek and it looks like just a normal flat screen tv. I am not buying one, because it is too expensive, but if i had money to burn i would get this.

I hate to have to do this, but…
Looking at Dell.com (just to get an idea of current prices)
There’s a deal on a Dell Inspiron 1525 with a 2 GHz C2D, 3 GB of RAM, and a 250 GB HD for $799 + shipping (a 320 GB HD pushes the price to $849).
Unless you game, that’s probably a faster computer for less money, plus it’s new, more portable, and not from a company that installs rootkits in the name of copy protection.
Admittedly, the Intel graphics aren’t great, and the Dell doesn’t do TV, but that may or may not be important to you.

Why do you think it is trash??

Vista’s an easy workaround though. Right?

Why work around it? Why not work with it?

Ol’ Step don’t want me to spend no money. Only on Step.

As of 1:25am CST, only 6 people have bought this! How do I know, it was 50% bought one, 50% bought 3. Now it’s 67% bought 1, 33& bought 3! Also, 60% was sold between 12-1, and 40% sold between 1-2. That’s 6 people!

BTW, you can get a NEW one for ~$1000 at http://cgi.ebay.com/New-Sony-Vaio-VGC-LT15E-Desktop-TV-PC-22-LCD-All-in-One_W0QQitemZ270256859236QQcmdZViewItem through Microsoft CashBack and PayPal 10% off coupon.

Dell has XPS all in one, like vaio LT, these multimedia pcs are all over priced.

I heard DAT, brother/sister man!

far too pricey but a nice toy, nonetheless.

REFURBISHED: ANY company can “Fix” what might be wrong with the item before being resold.

RECERTIFIED: ONLY the manufacturer can do the work. IOW: It’s sent back, fixed if needed, and made LIKE NEW, only sold at a lower cost because it ISN’T new.

I hope that helps.

KINJIRU

How do you know that? I mean, if that is true, then that is the best piece of new info I’ve seen in a LONG time! THANKS!

The reason I ask is that USUALLY terms used in ads and marketing DON’T MEAN SQUAT…not until some gov agency steps in and makes a regulation regarding such, e.g., “all-natural,” “organic,” “total harmonic distortion,” “MB per second,” “watts per channel,” etc.

If I wanted an expensive, impractical all-in-one computer from an evil company, I’d just buy an iMac. Pass.

I mean, seriously. it seems like a nice deal until you realize that you can’t re-use the screen, and the system is a pain in the rear to service if it ever breaks. If you happen to need a wall-mounted PC, I guess that’s nice, but for general use these types of systems are not a great value.

They integrate the keyboard and mouse all the time… it’s called a laptop, silly. :stuck_out_tongue:

he would feebly scrawl the names of foods he wanted. Or sometimes just groan them

I was thinking the exact same thing about the HP Touchsmart. Not that much more, better specs, and brand new. Not to mention its touch screen. I’ll definitely pass

http://b2b.sony.com/Solutions/subcategory/desktops/lt-series

1. The digital TV tuner supports a CableCARD™ removable security module. Contact your cable operator to receive a CableCARD compatible with your operator’s network (additional charges may apply). Not all functions that are available when using a set-top box provided by your cable operator will be supported by CableCARD (e.g. video-on-demand and pay-per-view functionality may not be supported).

http://www.comcast.com/Customers/Faq/FaqDetails.ashx?Id=2649

What is a CableCARD?

A CableCARD is a device about the size of a credit card that can be used with a digital-cable-ready television instead of a set top box. If you prefer to use a CableCARD instead of using a Digital Cable set-top box, you will only be able to receive one way Digital Cable channels and will not be able to receive ON DEMAND, pay-per-view and the interactive programming guide.

Can I purchase a CableCARD and if so, where?

At this time, CableCARDs are only available through Comcast as part of your Digital Cable service.

Can I install a CableCARD myself or does a technician need to come to my home?

At this time, professional installation by a Comcast technician is required.

What is a Digital-Cable-Ready TV?

A Digital-Ready TV is a television that can receive digital cable service using a device that is about the size of a credit card, called CableCARD, instead of a digital set-top box.

Previous poster noted Comcast issues with this unit.

Don’t know if cable card is just an option, but not required.

All you need is a PCI HDTV card…and you just open your PC’s case and just plug it in and screw in the ONE screw to hold it in place to the back of your PC’s case, i.e., install it the same as you would any other PCI card. Almost all of them come with a remote control and all the software you could ever need for PVR type recording, and they cost NO MORE THAN about $75! They have a coax-type threaded screw-on adapter (same as your TV or cable box) that will stick out of the back of your computer…all you do is just attach your coax cable AND ENJOY ALL ASPECTS OF SUPER HIGH resolution DVR/PVR type apps (higher than 480, 720, and if you have a high enough res monitor, HIGHER THAN EVEN 1080…and ALL computer monitors already do Progressive scanning, i.e., 720p and/or 1080p)…in fact, most of them even let you see thumbnails of any number of channels you want to see at THE SAME TIME, and even do other apps/programs at the same time, i.e., let you adjust the size of one to 64 little TV channels at the same time! Like, you can be watching SIXTY FOUR little channel windows AT THE SAME TIME you are doing word processing or playing a game! However, all the smaller TV channel thumbnails are blotchy…like 10-15 frames per second, depending on how fast your computer’s CPU is…BUT, you can enlarge ONE of the channel windows and see that at 30-60 frames per second in, say, one quarter of your desk top screen, do word processing or a game in a quarter screen, and have 63 (or ANY number of them) little TV channels in the other half screen.