Sony VAIO VGC-RB40 P4 3Ghz PCI-Express Desktop PC

ok off to lunch.
This may take a bit.

Servers are so slow I can’t tell if I’m even posting.

Well, a BOX of crap is close, at least…

woot-off killa… I had to throw that in since pretty much every item that has come up today had this comment in there.

Sony VAIO VGC-RB40 P4 3Ghz PCI-Express Desktop PC
$499.99+ $5 shipping

condition:
New
product(s):
1 Sony VAIO VGC-RB40 Desktop PC
Discuss this product (1 comment)

i like this woot… i dont think its a killer… why… cuz its 500 and everybody is too cheap… lol…

This is the most poorly behaved woot-off I’ve seen - I keep going back to the USB2 802 dongle. I’d be scared to buy something!

Very nice looking case, but you’d have to be mad to buy such a dated processor today.

Hmm, if nobody is buying - hammering the servers - why is it so slow ?

Every other time I refresh I see something different - first Netgear, then Wolf king, then Sony VAIO, then Wolf king, then Netgear, then… Woot should solder about 2 or 3 dozen of these Sony VAIO’s together so they would have a decent server. Or maybe “one” of the new Intel Core 2 Duo processors would be even better. This “de-ja-vu” is messing with my mind.

Every other time I refresh I see something different - first Netgear, then Wolf king, then Sony VAIO, then Wolf king, then Netgear, then… Woot should solder about 2 or 3 dozen of these Sony VAIO’s together so they would have a decent server. Or maybe “one” of the new Intel Core 2 Duo processors would be even better. This “de-ja-vu” is messing with my mind.

I got a better deal on a custom built dual core system for almost half of this a few weeks ago. Maybe next time.

This is getting confusing between all the swtiching of woots.

Man, I was deciding whether i should get this or not after I edited all my information. Then suddenly my hand pressed enter for me and I was horrified/excited. But then they said they had no more :frowning:

You call a P4 3.0 Ghz Outdated?

You guys are bunch of nerds ! I bought this exact pc refurb from sony for the same price in January

It’s a rocket if you ask me. When I bought it I said to myself well I gotta bump it to a gig of ram at least… I still have not gotten around to that yet and its fast enough for me.

You probably are not trying to run anything that requires a ton of power and memory. I do tons of gaming and my machine could always use more power.

Ha! And on the same day as Dvorak’s column bemoaning the decline of the Sony brand, which, he says, started when Sony marketers ignored PC folks with the introduction of the VAIO line…

Dvorak is a moron meant to be ignored.

Dude, hook me up!

So did this thing actually sell out or was it an error? I saw that the woots flipped between this, the keyboard and the wireless adaptor almost every second.

Hook me up too! I’m in the market for a new comp.