Sony WF1000X Noise Cancelling Wireless Headphones

Sony WF1000X Noise Cancelling Wireless Headphones

bought these last woot…for me personally these are the best wireless earbuds. They connect right away and sound great and fit very well with no movement while exercising. The noise cancelling properties are marginal IMO.

the only con is the battery life. seems to be about an hour and a half and they give you NO warning at all…they just say “recharge headset” and shut off. I’m actually here ordering a second pair.

Do they turn on automatically when removed from the case? Can you use just one earbud at a time, or do you have to use them together?

So these have been in someone else’s ear? Please clarify.

You would swear they were new. :wink:

Many major consumer electronics companies control how and for how much their products are sold for (supposedly to protect their distribution chain). An example of this is that you’ve probably seen some sites that won’t reveal a sales price until you’ve placed an item in your cart?

I figure Woot is marking these as “Used / Like New” to comply with those requirements – my guess is that they are actually new.

Also, Woot is willing to provide the warrenty so Sony is off the hook for future issues, thus a lower price.

1 Like

These are horrible earbuds.
I bought a few pair of these last time they were on woot and read most of the reviews and felt, they can’t be as bad as they claim.
The active noise cancelling is a joke. You get more cancelling from normal snug fit ear buds.
The volume does not get super loud, which while using weak active noise cancelling on an airplane make them hard to hear with.
They make random pooping noise or loose sync with one ear while using.
They have horrible lag if watching video, no low latency codec.
They have poor battery life compared to other ear buds.
The battery recharging case is much larger than others, but the capacity of it’s battery seems less.
People complain about not being able to hear you while on calls.
There is no bass, even with the Sony Earbud App’s equalizers.

The good thing, is they come with a ton of ear adapters and sizing options for a snug fit. This is great for your other passive noise cancelling ear buds that perform a lot better.
They came brand new, even though woot described as “used, like new.”

I would avoid these with a passion. Woot, if you’d like to buy my old pair back, I’d be happy to sell them to you.

I’m sorry for such a bad review, I really wanted to like these, especially since the Sony wh-1000xm3 over the ear bluetooth headphones are amazing. I expected something even moderately close to the noise cancelling, sound quality, and battery life of the Sony wh-1000xm3. Don’t be confused the earbud 1000x series are nothing like the over the ear 1000xm3’s or 1000xm2’s.

@ionoff I’m sorry for the poor experience. Have you contacted Woot customer service?

Please contact Woot Customer Service for assistance. From a browser, use the Woot Customer Service form. In the Woot App, choose Account from the bottom navigation and then Support.