Sony WH-1000XM4 Wireless ANC Headphones

Sony WH-1000XM4 Wireless ANC Headphones

Beware: received the WH-1000XM3’s instead. No idea what the state of them is; however, they do appear to be working and sound great.

EDIT: I should say all of the packaging, manuals, and materials indicate they are the XM4’s, the headphones clearly have XM3 on them.

1 Like

Hi there, if you haven’t already done so please reach out to Woot! Customer Service.

From a browser, use the Woot! Customer Service form.

In the Woot! App, choose Account from the bottom navigation and then Support.

Note: Woot! Customer Service replies go to the email address on your Woot! account, not your Amazon login email if used/different.

(Please Note: I’m not employed by Woot, but I volunteer to help in the forums.)

1 Like

Honestly I actually like the XM3’s better cuz they also have APTX in addition to LDAC (Sony’s proprietary codec which is excellent.)

But they’re usually sold for a better price so you should probably call customer service and at least get some kind of benefit.

They’re very similar. I think XM4s have multi point. That’s probably the biggest advantage of the XM4s. And the volume will automatically reduce when you’re talking, instead of you having to touch your right can.

But the XM3s are on sale sometimes even here and they’re always a little bit cheaper than the XM4s.

Thanks, folks! I did reach out to customer service, but all they could do is either provide a full refund or a replacement. And unfortunately, given all of the “sold out” statuses I see for both the XM3 and XM4, I doubt a replacement would be viable.

I’m totally fine owning the XM3’s! Just irks me a bit that it’s not what I (thought I had) purchased and have no way of knowing if it was refurbished or what exactly due to the packaging mismatch. Almost certainly overpaid, as you were noting, but only by a small amount. First time I think I have ever had this happen, definitely in the 15+ years I have been buying stuff on woot.

1 Like