Sony X90CH Series - 4K UHD LED LCD TV

Sony X90CH Series - 4K UHD LED LCD TV

1 Like

85” TV arrived and we setup today… and it doesn’t work. The LED power light flashes red, which according to Sony it’s broken.
Seems woot/Amazon forgot to refurbish it before reselling.

2 Likes

Hi, so sorry to hear about this. Please contact Woot CS if you haven’t already. From a browser, use the Woot! Customer Service form.

In the Woot! App, choose Account from the bottom navigation and then Support.

1 Like

I read that the sony’s with android TV are having some firmware issues(rebooting). tempted, but don’t know if it’s worth the hassle.

1 Like

Thanks for the link @lioncow - we sent in a form yesterday but it was rejected because it’s still showing as not yet delivered. I’ll try again today.

@leeshouseofpets I think this is hardware related… I was prepared for the firmware updates etc, but this is dead out of the box. I’m going to keep positive about the TV itself and hoping I can report back with better news if/when this gets resolved.

3 Likes

Happy to report (Woot!) has resolved the situation :smiley:

5 Likes

let us know if you have any firmware issues (rebooting loop).

1 Like

Doesn’t even run 30 seconds before turning itself off with blinking red lights. Forced factory reset shows misaligned screen halves and locks up completely. They are shipping out defective TVs without even pretending to do actual testing or troubleshooting.

2 Likes

Hi there. I’m sorry for the problem. Those TVs are so thin that they can easily get damaged in shipment.

Reach out to Woot! Customer Service.

From a browser, use the Woot! Customer Service form.

Note: Woot! Customer Service replies go to the email address on your Woot! account, not your Amazon login email if used/different.

1 Like

This is clearly not shipping damage. The electronics were nonoperational and it’s obvious the refurbishing tester did nothing more than check for power and a splash screen before signing off. I filled out a customer service form last night but have yet to receive any kind of acknowledgement.

1 Like

Yeah, our CS system doesn’t send a confirmation. :frowning:

CS will get back to you soonish though.

2 Likes

Received my Sony XBR-85X90CX (X900H) truck freight and its huge, luckily it arrived in great shape considering the way it was packaged from CA to NC, no Styrofoam packing around the screen or back, just a couple of open cell foam pieces on the edges and corners, the TV looks like new and functions properly, it did not come with any instructions, batteries or the screw extensions for the wall mount like supplied in the retail packages, satisfied with my purchase … mostly, could have used the missing parts since I am wall mounting.

1 Like

Hi there. Sorry about this missing parts. Feel free to reach out to Woot! Customer Service.

From a browser, use the Woot! Customer Service form.

Note: Woot! Customer Service replies go to the email address on your Woot! account, not your Amazon login email if used/different.

1 Like

@Wooter92738504 did you have to pay ship it back or did they send someone to pick it up?

1 Like

The same 18 wheeler (and same driver) that delivered the TV also came and collected the TV.

Unpacking the 85” unit was a pain, repacking was about the same difficulty since we still had the packaging and box.

I appreciate that both woot and the freight company kept things simple. TV was collected yesterday and refund processed today.

2 Likes

Hi, so I see some of these were delivered with issues and require to be sent back. Woot’s warranty page states these need to be shipped back at the customer’s expense. Is that correct? thx

1 Like

If they were delivered with issues, Woot covers the return cost.

1 Like

Can a Woot employee respond because that’s not what their warranty page says.

1 Like

Hi! @Froodyfrog is correct- if the item was delivered with issues or damage then we won’t make you pay to return. Please contact Woot CS now though if you haven’t already. From a browser, use the Woot! Customer Service form. It’s helpful for them to have pictures of the damage/or issues too.

1 Like

Man I was tempted to grab a 75” but these comments got me a little leery of dealing with the hassle. Has anyone received a perfectly working one with the extra parts you are supposed to get?

1 Like