Soundbar Speaker with Wireless Subwoofer

Please keep in mind… this is a intermediate solution to a problem with TV sound, not a full-range surround sound system.

It does not replace a true 5.1/6.1/7.1 surround sound theater system. It is simply meant to perform better than the built in TV audio.

If you aren’t happy with your TV audio, then this is a good mid-range solution. If you want a true home theater, then skip past this and look for a full-range receiver and surround speaker system.

Just my thoughts.

I bought one of these at Best Buy 6 months ago and love it. It is NOT Surround Sound in any way. But compared to many other soundbars- it is Not tinny on the highs which I have found to be quite annoying. This Boston is quality. For hanging it on the wall- it is very light so 2 large screw bolts into drywall was sufficient. My wife really appreciates that the sub has its own control independent of the actual sound bar. I put this behind my Lay-Z-Boy and let it shake.

Is this guy tiny or is the sound bar HUGE?

It doesn’t come with a remote? I’d rather not have to get up and walk across the room every time I need to change the volume. Yes, a universal remote may help with that, but I know a few people who have had trouble getting their soundbars to work with their remotes.

Any idea or link to what type of warranty you get on this since it is a refurb? Is warranty through woot or boston?

Just found it,
Warranty: 90 Day Boston Acoustics
Authorized for SquareTrade Extended Warranty

How much is shipping?

It DOESN’T come with a remote - it LEARNS your existing remote. Pretty odd but wonderful at the same time. We’re used to learning remote but this is a learning powered speaker!

In the top right corner of the website it states, “$5 all you can ship.”

it’s always 5 bucks on woot, that’s one of the things that so often makes it worth while.

If it doesn’t come with a remote, and my remote is a Harmony that is a learning/universal remote, how would that work with this? I’m sure there is a way, but just strange.

Just ordered one, with so many positive things said I had to! Will this work on all devices no matter what input?

Example: TV is on HDMI 1 and xbox is on HDMI 2…both can use it right??

really? I mean come on your joking right? you know what site your on right?

It should replicate whatever would be playing through your TV’s speakers.

The same way your universal remote works for the TV/DVD player/cable box I would imagine.

From what I read last night, it reads the IR signal coming from the remote so if your Harmony can interact with the TV, it should be able to interact with the soundbar.

That’s one of the biggest selling points for me, that I didn’t have to stash another remote to change the volume, I can just use my existing TV remote.

That’s probably the one negative for me since I don’t want to mount it on the wall and don’t want to set it on the hearth. I asked because it appears there are cutouts in the plastic on the back of the soundbar for a mounting bracket, but that must be for another model…

Awesome! Can’t wait to get this, wanted one for awhile just never wanted to shell out $250-$300.

Me too!

Thanks Woot!

Now I just need Woot to post those GoPro’s and inversion tables again!

Got mine today. But it’s interfering with the wifi signal in this room…

Great, got mine today and was super excited. Hooked it up and only had audio out of just one speaker. I tried hooking it up multiple ways even just my iPod and still 1 freaking speaker. I am beyond disappointed tonight. I really hope Boston acoustics will replace it or woot will just have to give me my $ back and I prob won’t be able to have great sound as they are sold out. :frowning: