Soundbars

rytard,

remember, the soundbar connects to the tv an needs power from an outlet.

the speakerbar (qp9) requires another purchase in a receiver (another $125 or so?). It’s beautiful in sound, much better, in fact, but an entirely different thing then the other soundbars listed here.

firefgtn8,

one better, and you’ll save $100. Woot has Pinnacle sales about every 3-5 weeks. The offerings change but in every other one or so their center channel SFITCTR350 comes up for a shocking $79. It was just available last week (aug 27th), on Woot Tech here: Electronics.Woot

Arin and Pinnacle are top shelf and you cant go wrong at this price/quality. The next step up in quality is a big step in price. This is a stateside company that still actually believes in customer service too. (I don’t work for them, don’t own stock, and never got a freebie either - I just dig the stuff).

Welcome to Woot! Woot! for the most part buys closeout lots of products. They put them for sale and sell what they can. If they have some left over, they put them up again later, usually lowering the price to sell more units. they keep doing this until they have no more left.

Just to be clear:

The Pinnacle QP9W PWRBAR 225W High Powered, High Performance Soundbar does not require a separate audio receiver? I can go from the optical output of my TV directly to the optical input of the sound bar? And then plug directly from the sound bar to a powered subwoofer?

I like the look of the QP9, but don’t want a whole receiver setup.

Thanks.

Hi, yes, model QP9W PWRBR version does NOT need an audio receiver. It hooks directly to the TV as you indicated. It is our best SOUNDBAR, at only $249.99 in this promo.

Does the QP9W PWRBR have integrated audio processing to simulate surround sound like the 8210?

I think part of the confusion is the Features write-up of the QP9W PWRBR. The first bullet point: “Space-saving 6-element POWERED SPEAKER BAR design”. So that says it’s a Speaker Bar even though it sounds like (and the title says) it’s a Soundbar. You might want to ask the Woot folks to fix something there to clear things up. :slight_smile:

I have a DISH remote and want to use it to control a soundbar on/off, mute and volume levels. Does the SYS8210 or the QP9W come with learning remote capability?

Thanks

Good Morning. Arin with Pinnacle Speakers here. MODEL QP9W PWRBR does have learning remote capability. That is our best SOUNDBAR.

It also has a sub-out so a separate Powered Subwoofer can easily be added and hooked to it.

Good point and thank you. We will work to change that.

QP9 PWRBR does not have a simulated surround sound processor.

I’ve been through your site…I’ll just cut through the chase. What models of soundbars do have learning remotes? I thought DISH was gonna release codes later this year for Pinnacle soundbars.

Thanks

I got the sharp sound bar. As a comment said above, it only has analog connection. Well… My very nice Samsung 65" Smart TV can be told to use external speakers at which time it completely abdicates the volume control. So… I can’t control the volume with the remote. Only with the gain button on the amplifier…

not sure I can use it like that. so big disappointment. Still researching connection options. I might just end up using it for an older Yamaha component stereo system I have in another room… sigh.

Arin, can I assume the QP95 PWRBAR specs are 48Hz-31K? If so, is that -3db?

I’d love to buy the 8210 but can’t believe you guys forgot the convenience factor of a learning remote with that model. Now a days, that’s almost a no brainer feature. IR Repeater would be great to like on the Yamaha YAS-101.

Thanks

Here’s some interesting comments regarding customer service. Say it aint true!

OK, I got the RCA RTS735E Home Theater Soundbar v2 for my ghetto home theater (Seiki 38.5-in HDTV, Phillips refurbed connected BluRay player w/WiFi [from WOOT!] and a cheesy bookshelf to put it all on).

It came in a plain, cardboard box which used paper for packing material. It came with the bar itself, a thin remote, remote battery, power supply and a red/white RCA cable.

I hooked it to the audio out on my Seiki, which defeats the volume control on the TV, but no worries the remote for the soundbar works just fine, as long as you are right in front of the soundbar. The RCA has three inputs, two RCA and one 3.5mm. The remote has controls for power, volume, bass, treble and input switching.

For me, the price was right. Since the Seiki’s speakers fire out the back of the set, my only intent in this purchase was to get more volume coming from the front of the TV and in that department it succeeds admirably.

Sound quality is OK. The speakers on it appear to be two 3-4 inch midrange drivers. They are at either end of the bar, and actually, the sound stage the bar creates is rather good. Not a lot of separation, but there is stereo presence on good sound mixes.

So, for 40 bucks plus tax and shipping, and the fact that I ordered it on a Friday night and it came USPS the next Monday, I can say I got what I wanted.

I bought this sound bar 5 weeks ago,never received it,no response from woot over 2 weeks ago.

That’s no good, sorry about that. I’ve passed your info along to CS. In the meantime, have you checked your spam or junk folder for a response from Woot?

UPDATE: I just heard back from CS that they’ve emailed you. You can reply to them to have things taken care of.