Soundcast Audiocast Wireless Audio System

Very nice. I’m in!

I can broadcast my XM online to my home stereo with this.

The specs say it plugs into the headphone jack of your PC. That is not a line level output.

…?
honda?
where on the side bar?

Very well thought out…One is black and the other is …ehhh…white…Those guys

Do you have a sound system with an amp and speakers outside? Then it would work. This is not for just speakers. You need to have an amp at the location of the receiver, could be powered speaker.

This is a similar system to the Apple Airport but the Airport only works with iTunes as far as I know (there might be some other app’s making Airport usable for other music app’s besides iTunes)

This wireless system appears to be software independent, so you can use it with any pc music app/source that you can push thru the headphone jack.

The package looks the same for the transmitter and the receiver
Maybe you can buy 2 packs and make a black bundle and a white bundle ?

Meh. This looks like an easy plug-n-play option, but it’s not the only way to go.

I have a more advanced setup: I use VLC to stream out my tunes via muticast. Any computer on your network can then listen in on the stream and basically act as dumb speakers. (Bonus: you can turn on the visualizer at each of these recievers.) You can effectively have as many or as few ‘zones’ as you want. If you want to play something different in another room, just stream to a different IP. If you want everything to play the same thing, stream to the same IP. (Multicast is in the 239. range.)

Here’s a quick guide I found that can get you started.

(This software solution is obviously better only if you have several old PCs around to act as recievers.)

hmm… this actually sounds like a good deal. i just bought a house and this should be perfect for my grand plan to broadcast my tunes to all the surround sound stereos in the house… and then i can use my iphone to change the song on itunes running on my computer in the “nucleus” of the house… and man… i’m gonna be one happy camper! thanks woot!

These are very flexible.

In essence it broadcasts over the air (2.4GHz) anything to anything else up to 150 ft away.

If you click on the picture you can see it comes with enough adapters (stereo mini jack to RCA, viceversa as well as female to female end to end adaptor) that probably provides for more combinations that the woot listing mentions.

Some likely combinations:

• PC to Receiver/amp
  • MP3 to Stereo / HomeTheater system
  • MP3 to something with two recording jacks

In essence broadcast Output Sound from anything to input sound of anything wirelessly up to 150 ft. (as long as connections are via stereo mini plugs and/or RCA plugs).

Maybe worth trying a pair (2 orders) to provide wireless connectivity to rear speakers on a hometheater – I say maybe because these days speakers today don’t necessarily use RCA plugs.

On the down side I suppose in theory the 2.4GHz it could interfere with other devices in that wavelength although usually channels in phones can be changed.

Price is Roughly 40-50% off from anywhere else.

I’m in.
Good gadget to have handy.

2.4 ghz …SO…are we gonna pickup the neighbors / our digital phone and be changing channels to avoid that?

It is $10 cheaper than Circuit City.

In the product description:
“Bypasses DRM restrictions because you are playing audio directly from your PC, Mac, iPod, or MP3 player”

From the DMCA Wikipedia page:
“The Digital Millennium Copyright Act (DMCA) is a United States copyright law which implements two 1996 WIPO treaties. It criminalizes production and dissemination of technology, devices, or services that are used to circumvent measures that control access to copyrighted works (commonly known as DRM) and criminalizes the act of circumventing an access control, even when there is no infringement of copyright itself.”

Just FYI.

Had a set…it’s murder to WiFi…the end.

Hey…Great Jorge…are you forgetting that your " rear home theater speakers" won’t accept this device directly unless they are self powered speakers…that’s why connections are RCA…NOT for speakers but for an AMPLIFIER. ! !
you said:
Maybe worth trying a pair (2 orders) to provide wireless connectivity to rear speakers on a hometheater – I say maybe because these days speakers today don’t necessarily use RCA plugs.

If black is the absence of all colors and white is all the colors combined…what color is the set? invisible?

Is it sad that I read the writeup and the first thing I wondered was why a Taiwanese woman would be leaving Ulaanbaatar?

per amazon description:

“Supports up to 2 receivers at once; wireless line-of-sight range of 350 feet”

Yes, they could be invisible, according to your calculations Einstein, if only they were light emmitting entities. However, these are opaque, light- source reflecting 3d objects therefore, combined, they are grey.

Airport Express is not much more (refurbs are priced better when one can find them) and also has digital optical output (no quality loss from encoding/decoding an analog signal, particularly with inexpensive gear). Plus it lets one connect a printer for network printing and extend a wireless network (or act as a base station on its own).

Wrong. Circuit City sells EACH PART for 10 dollars more. You need to buy both = $140. Woot = $60.

So no. You’re wrong.