Soundmatters MainStage HD HiFi Theatre Console

I actually lol’d when I read this. Very funny!!!

right now compusa has a sale going on for some “real speakers” … these are logitech and will work with any tv that has optical or digital coaxial output (they also work with 6 channel direct cables, green, black, orange, but you can tell you lose some sound quality). all you need is an optical/coax cord and you are set with what i think is one of the most impressive surround sound speakers on the market. They are THX certified with 5.1 surround sound with a 10" 505W subwoofer… you can feel explosions from the next room on half volume…this thing might blow your house the *@&k up…im telling you ive owened one since the begining of the summer and it blows me away every time. heres the link… woot will forgive you just this once…i promise

http://www.compusa.com/applications/searchtools/item-Details.asp?EdpNo=1068250&sku=L23-6334&srkey=z-5500%20logitech

Man I wish I wasnt a poor college student with not lots of money, otherwise i would definitely buy one!

I’m sort of ambivalent about this. The speaker seems fine, but if I wanted to spend that money, for $50 more, I could get a better home theater system. I’d like woot to offer some cool lower priced stuff, especially since it’s after the holidays.

So, I’ll pass because I really don’t have that large screen tv to make that worthwhile.

I’m too drunk to figure out what this thing does. Sorry woot.

In 4 1. Thanks Woot! I was going to pull the trigger on the YSP 1100 bl on Amazon for $433. I was waiting for it to go down to $399, but for $155, I’m not complaining. Oh yeah Cnet reduced the rating of this product from 8.3 to 7.3 due to changes in the competitive marketplace on 12/12/08.

“It’s kind of the same with iPod, iTunes, iPhone, i-Go, iTV, etc. You get it now? Just put an i in front of whatever you want to sell. Good marketing.”

Can’t wait until they start marketing that new Dirt Devil vaccuum: iSuck.

I also just bought myself a new HD car. Blows my old SD car away.

I gotta Tatoo Like this - well, really It only says HD when i am Cold. Bajajajajaaaaaaaaa!

Hey - i have read some rebat info on this unit - can you collect rebates when You Get it from Woot?

OP:After intensive analysis on what Wooters want, I am now offering HI FI TRUE HD iPunches in the Face for a low introductory rate of $100 per iPunch.

That’s right folks, for a measly Ben Frank I will Punch the internet, all you have to do is slam your face against your monitor as hard as you can to instantly receive it. iPunches are GREEN too! Incredibly, these beauties have a carbon footprint of -5. You heard correctly-- every iPunch you purchase will REDUCE your carbon footprint! I Can hear Al Gore shedding green tears of joy!!

ha Ha!

I just saved Myself 1,000.00 well Minuse the 140.00 for my old monitor and 600.00 for The dentist to make me a new front tooth.

But YOU will never see it! Ha!Ha!! 10 ipunches for Free! Ya buddy - I hacked your system and got all mine for absolutly FREE!

LOL If Everyone does this You will for sure Go boke - What a SUCKER! :O)

CNET’s review mentions the ability to connect two of these for a surround sound effect. Anyone existing owners try this?

i AGREE Had a similar positive experience and now enjoy great sound in my 20x12 mini theater in the mountains.
set up with soma hd front unit and 100 watt radio shack subwoofer (99$)
soma sd rearunit (woot)
connected via sound cast wireless (woot)
driven by hp hp3330 computer (woot) coax connection, digital
result is minimum amount of wire, rear channel has excellent sound seperation
5.1 audio signal is excellent on blu ray and broadcast tv thru computer
tivo analog (Woot) is not able to output rear channel on tv signal however.
I am sure the audiophiles reading this are snickering, but I love this setup and would stack it against a comparable wired multi component setup.
ps love the woot provided opportunity to try a different solution to a common set up challenge.
skip904

I found a reputable report and review about the quality of this system from one of the most solid tech/electronic guru sites out there - self educate.

I’m too high to explain it. Sorry Akaralph.

To those who Already own one of these, what’s your opinion on maybe suspending one of these on an RV ceiling (bedroom or Lv Rm)? Seems like it might make an easy sound system for a 32" lcd in an RV. Opinions?

I have this unit and I concur with this statement.

In for 2.
Gonna hook up 1 to each channel
10.2 digital HD surround will be AWESOME!

If I could I’d get 5 and hook up 1 for every channel
25.5 surround. I think my head would explode :wink:

edit
besides the fact you can’t get 5.1 sound from 1 channel
I know this is a useless post.

I’m thinking about this because sometimes my LCD tv speakers just aren’t loud enough even when the volume is up at max, mainly for DVDs, sometimes TV.

I was recently looking at a 2.1 soundbar, is this kind of like that? What are the inputs? Do I basically remove the audio inputs for my devices (Tivo, Xbox, DVD player) and put them into this? Thanks

DONT DO IT. I bought this the last time this tiem was offered. The sound isworse then the speakers in the TV and the display does not indicate which audiio source your are listening to. So changing between TV, DVD, Etc. is just guess work. Save youyr money.
Marc

good option see my post above