SouthBound

So, the bird is painting itself bright colors because it is going to Mexico to party? So, maybe I don’t get it. Someone tell me exactly why this is funny??

Brown, brown, brown, brown, brown

I like the design and the colors are suitable for a brown shirt

But I already have about 50 brown woot t’s : /

Congrats, Chris! Nice to see you getting printed again.

I see the pun there…but honestly the way it’s painted it looks much more like it’s trying to look like a parrot, since it’s going South…particularly the Sun Conure, with the yellow back and red/orange belly.

Either way…it’s awesome and I am getting it. We need WAY more bird shirts!

My cats need no excuse to murder me. I already know about the plot.

Does this remind others of this design from Jan. 2010?

http://s3.amazonaws.com/wootsaleimages/Autobiographyf1hThumbnail.png

Arghh, brown shirts with pretty animals on them are my one weakness! Curse you, Woot!

Maybe print some cranberry shirts soon?

Yet another great design I can’t wear due to my inability to look good in black.

You know, if my budgies can’t fly when they’re wet, how is this one going to?

Beautiful, you’re the color maestro, Chris. Just lovely all around. Congrats!

The one issue I have with shirts like this is that no one understands them without an explanation. (Dont get me wrong I like this shirt a lot, but its hard to wear them and have to explain them consistently)

This shirt is so great that it inspired me to look through CMDixon’s entire portfolio (use the link below the artist’s write-up), and my daughter must have several of these designs! But it looks like only two early ones are still available on shirts – Pretty Like the Boys, and Dilbert (or whatever the name is for the elephant who wants to be a butterfly). Please tell me that there is a way to get some of the other old CMDixon shirts!

I don’t get it either… which is weird, since a coworker said to me, “hey, go check out the shirt today, i think you’ll love it, since we’re the only two people in our office that’ll get it.” Then he left for lunch and I just sat here, crying in confusion.

My thoughts exactly.

Who are these people constantly forcing you to justify your clothing choices? Get some less judgmental friends.

Excellent ploy to discover its meaning! Let someone else wrack their brain.

It’s pretty and well-drawn (and even pretty well-drawn) but I don’t get what it alludes to either.

Indeed. That was my first thought as well. It looks much different (and IMO better), but the concept is the same.
Blog entry for “Autobiography.”

Now I’m about 100% certain cmdixon would never copy a design, but lord knows we all have hundreds of old shirts stuck in our subconscious that can inadvertently “inspire” us.

Chris, you have one of the most distinctive color styles in tee design - a mix of muted and dazzlingly bright, unusual ones. No-one else pulls that off in quite the same way.

Congratulations on the handsome new tee.

He has a few designs in tilteed

I really like this design; not sure if I “get it” or what the play is here, but I like the color palate! :slight_smile: