Southwestern Bell Dual Handset 5.8Ghz Phone w/Digital Answering Machine

Got mine today, works great! Good deal.

Emailed service, got form letter #1 back. Said “Your order is in the process of being shipped…” Which means not going to be there by THIS christmas… and next year is iffy.

Chadman - You are one up on me… I e-mailed service and haven’t heard a woot. It’s a vast right-wing conspiracy against Christmas!

I got one of these and still havn’t gotten the phones…Wonder what’s up??

I haven’t received mine either.

I received a shipment link a few days after the order, with an original estimated arrival date of December 15th. That date came and gone. Nothing has happened so far, FedEx shows just a single entry:
Dec 12, 2006 2:29 PM Package data transmitted to FedEx CARROLLTON, TX

I finally got the phones! Instead of a Southwestern Bell Dual Handset system though, I received a Vtech four handset system. I haven’t yet decided if 2 cheap phones is better than 4 really cheap phones. Maybe this is the explanation of the long shipping delay.

I sent service an email on Wednesday (since it still said “PACKAGE DATA TRANSMITTED”). I got a reply Friday afternoon saying they were FedEx Expressing it to me because of the delay in shipping. I got the box just now and opened it and it’s a four handset REFURBISHED vtech (the box has “refurbished to manufacturers specifications” printed on it)

I appreciated the FedEx Express shipping since they dropped the ball shipping it out in the first place, but essentially bait-and-switching a new model versus a refurb, that’s just impolite.

Needless to say I will be sending another email to service.

At least you guys are getting something. Mine seems to still be in limbo. Maybe they are trying to find me a crappy replacement as well. Expecting 4 cans with string…allbeit really good string.

Phone arrived yesterday. Not the phone I ordered, however. I received the refurbed V-Trash 4-handset unit. Not a happy camper.

Does Woot have a policy on replacing items with another of equal or greater/lesser value… Wonder if the PS3 purchasers would be happy with an Atari.

Congratulations to all of you who received your phones. I have yet to receive mine. All the other Woot-off items arrived in good time, but the phone seems to be a problem. Interesting that no posts indicate someone actually received the item Wooted.

Well guys, I received my phones yesterday (4 instead of 2). Thanks Woot - thought maybe you forgot me. Refurbed or not, the phones are set up and in use and work great. Thanks Again Woot.

Here’s the reply I got from woot when I asked them about switching the new SWBell with a refurb vtech…

“The warehouse ran short on the SWBell phones so sent a better one to you. If you would like to return it for a refund please email rma@woot.com and they will take care of it for you.”

I’m still contemplating whether to keep or return. Needless to say, for my first woot purchase I am rather disappointed.

Hey, everyone, I finally unpacked my vtech unit from the box and found that it was sorely lacking in parts. It’s missing belt clips (x4) and the wall mounting brackets (x4). Hopefully everyone checks their parts when (and IF) they receive their phones.

Between the shipping delays, the bait-and-switch, and the missing parts I believe this was my FIRST and LAST purchase from woot. What a friggin’ joke.

Got mine…Wasn’t informed of change in tracking number so not looking for it. Fedex left it behind Christmas decorations…IN the rain. Box soaked. Wrong product. One phone not charging. Missing parts.
Other than that perfect MFing transaction. Screwed again.

update…After all the whining by me. The phone really does work well. Would have liked a wall mount, but not going to happen. Only complaint is with shipping, not entirely Woot’s or Fedex’s fault. Woot should have updated tracking number, Fedex should have put in better location. Other than that. Very nice product. Thanks and sorry for jumping to conclusions.

I emailed vtech for my 8 missing parts and they said that I had to deal with where I purchased it from. Thanks, but no. I will be returning my crap vtech phone and delete my woot account. What a friggin’ joke. First and last purchase from woot.

Still have not received my phone. I sent email advising that I do NOT want a V-tech (complete with refurb, missing parts, etc), that I’d rather have a refund. I’m finding that woot is NOT all it’s cracked up to be (my audiovox DVD player arrived DOA – sent to Audiovox for warranty work, they returned the wrong unit to me and it STILL doesn’t work right—gonna write to woot about that, too)

Like my Dad says – you get what you pay for.

AL VeeNUS