Soyo 22” Widescreen LCD Monitor

never heard of them :-\

Price comparator post ! - Manually optimized searches for relevant results

New Soyo 22” Widescreen LCD Monitor, for $149.99 + $5 shipping
Product: 1x Soyo DYLM2284 Citrine Series 22” LCD Monitor

To access the price comparator links, click here
Single-click comparison for this item

http://lucy.cykian.net/wts/pic0.pnghttp://lucy.cykian.net/wts/pic1.png

In my experience, Soyo’s are great monitors. I’ve had a 19" LCD for about two years now, and it works great. Never had any problems, and has great resolution/clarity/etc. Good price too.

Not a bad price for a 22", but I’ve never heard of the brand. Over the last few weeks, I’ve bought two 20" LCD’s for right around $160 (BenQ and Viewsonic, both from Buy.com).

Soyo monitors don’t have too much as far as reviews go on Alatest. But there’s some.
http://alatest.com/searchaction.html?keyword1=Soyo+Monitor

I’m not sure about there monitors, but i’ve certainly heard of them a lot and especially with kitchen electronics.

http://www.pcconnection.com/IPA/Shop/Product/Detail?Sku=8978695&SourceID=k54384&SourceID=k156687

Another place with some info on them…

So/so price

looks like… a fantastic deal?

I don’t have a problem with lesser-known brands, though…

Waiting for you wise Wooters’ feedback.

If very positive, in for one in the AM.

she ran callin’ Wiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiild Fiiiiiiiiiiiire…

this is probably gonna make me sound really stupid no matter the answer, but can this be used as a tv? and if so will it work with digital cableness?

Bought one from woot about a month ago for $20 more, great monitor as far as i can tell. Friend bought one with a dead pixel though

No, since this doesn’t have a tuner built in. You would need to run it through a PC with its own tuner card.

I’ve had fair luck with Soyo monitors. The first one I purchased had four stuck pixels, but other than that worked fine. I exchanged it for the one I’m currently using, and I’ve had no problems. I am using the 26" model though, so there are a few differences. All-in-all though, it works great, has vibrant colours, and no noticeable ghosting or lag issues.

I’ve been using this exact model for about 6 months with no problems. Great monitor for the price.

Yes! this can be used as a TV, provided you spend more money on a stand alone TV tuner with a VGA output. I have a Kworld tuner that does this… has a composite, S-video and component input and also a built in NTSC tuner (that will be useful for the next three months). You may be able to get even an ATSC version from quite a few brands, for around $60… mine went for twelve dollars, after rebate, about a year ago and picture quality is fine, not great… (The Component input is connected to the satellite receiver for HD reception)

You could possibly get away with it using a Component -> VGA cable. But I’m not 100% sure.

I’ve been wanting to buy a 22" monitor but I dont know if I want to take my chances with this brand… my current monitor is a 19" Hanns G and it is pretty nice. I want to get a 22" to go dual monitor and use the 22" as my primary.

I am actually using a SOYO 22" widescreen monitor as I type. I don’t know the exact model number, but it’s only a couple of months old so it has to be pretty close. I paid $200US for it.

I have never been able to get the monitor to sync up using the DVI input. I have to use the VGA port and and adapter on the video card. My computer has two nvidia 8800 GT cards in it and none of the four ports will work. I am able to use DVI/hdmi on the other three monitors and TV.

The other annoying problem is the uneven color on the screen. There seems to be vertical bars of color about two inches wide that alternate from greenish to reddish. This problem is most noticable when I am reading black text on a white background (like now).

This was a new monitor and it came with a strip of stuck green pixels at the top right. It looks like eight or ten in a row. I have tried to exercise them off, but to no avail.

All in all, I would not buy this monitor again. YMMV, and this is a really good price. I may have just gotten a dog, but you have been warned.