Soyo Freestyler 500 Bluetooth Headset and Bluetooth USB Adapter

I have yet to find a bluetooth headset that can not
“Use the headset for your cell phone or VoIP calls from your PC”

But for those without Bluetooth built-in, GREAT woot! No need to hunt down those drivers. Trust me it’s nice to talk rather than type. Train your software, Or you will have many typos/speakos ?

Does this BT dongle work with A2DP headphones?

Does anybody know what chipset the Bluetooth dongle is based off of? I need a dongle compatible with a Wii remote…

I’m so happy that they have another Blue Tooth headset. Since they just changed the laws to make driving and talking on a cell phone illegal w/o a headset illegal this month in my state these have been making great Christmas, ‘welcome back’, and ‘thanks for the visit’ type gifts to friends/family!

so what is the bluetooth usb adapter for???.. I understand the headset
have a bluetooth headset already.

Anyone on the bluetooth adapter? Good for transfers between laptop and bluetooth phone?

Where’s The Feet?

Is the dongle worth a damn?

I am guessing this dongle isn’t worth a damn. It’s 1.2 usb. From my understanding, a dongle needs to support USB 2.0 to be worth anything.

Oh well.

Anyone know what kind of charging plug it has? Does it charge over USB or does it have some sort of propriotory connector?

ditto

Bought two bluetooth headsets from Woot.

Both never worked - wouldn’t even charge up. Mustek brand.

Kept trying to find out if it works with my Motorola Q, never did find out but found a lot of bad reviews. Here’s one at Cnet

it’s bluetooth 1.2
not usb 1.2.

this wouldnt work with a ps3 would it?

If you’re in the market for a bluetooth dongle then this woot might be for you but as for the headset…for this price don’t expect ANY quality. I’ve used cheap headets like this one and sound quality is so bad it’s basically useless to use.

And yes; if your computer/phone/whatever already has bluetooth then the headset will work without the bluetooth dongle.

Rhinestone Cowboy - From Glen Campbell

These things are the stupidest invention ever, and they make everyone that wears one look like a self-important d-bag.

does the Bluetooth works with vista??

You need a cell-phone that has file push, to really be able to use the bluetooth usb adapter. I think only the pdas have them, otherwise they are just going to download contacts and laptop is going to use cell phone to contact dial up isp.

Agreed.! I refuse to wear one because I’m not stupid. You people really do look dumb with these on. Is it that hard to pick up the phone and place it next to your ear. Grow up! Waste of technology. Yay!..now I can sip my frappe’ and talk to you while playing wiht my palm pilot.