Speak & Brew Voice Operated 10 Cup Coffee Maker

engage

there are a ton of these

Bout’ time for the sink to show up!!

People from Pennsylvania lonely? Only state that wants to talk to the coffeemaker so far.

Speak and Brew. Sounds like my wife.

If I’m not awake enough to push a button in the morning I’m not awake enough to speak coherently!

Gods! My wife talks back to me enough in the morning. Don’t need the coffee machine joining in.

Seriously!? This is like the lame wedding gift everyone gets 5 of.

Maybe I’m biased cause I don’t drink coffee. But just the picture on the box screams cheap chinese crap.

So, everyone waiting on the BOC, buy this! It’s the same.

I already have one of these … I call it “The Wife”.

Honey, make me some coffee!

now, if it added sugar and creamer, then stirred…I might be interested. Maybe that will be in the next model.

What I want to know, is can you determine what the voice commands are? So when I’m miserable and hungover in the morning, and tell it “just make me some $#^@$ coffee,” it obeys.

Anyone have any experience with this thing?

I need a new coffee maker (the drip in mine is set to HOLY CRAP, resulting in grounds in my coffee…)

I don’t really care if it talks, or listens to my problems - I just want a cup of coffee without grounds in it.

Well, I’ve been screaming since this came up, apparently the one on the screen can’t hear me so I need to go make my own lunch and coffee.

tell me again. why?

No, thats just where cheezewhiz lives (im thinking philly) seeing as he/she/it was the first and last wooter last time I refreshed.

Saldy, you still have to pour, sweeten, and swallow.

I don’t care if my coffee pot is voice activated, I want one that brings you a cup in bed…

It’s not a woman…

The audio on this video is awful, but if you crank it up to 11, you get the idea of how this coffee maker works:

Video in action on the YouTubes

Dave Bowman: Hello, HAL. Do you read me, HAL?
HAL: Affirmative, Dave. I read you.
Dave Bowman: Open the coffee filter doors, HAL.
HAL: I’m sorry, Dave. I’m afraid I can’t do that.
Dave Bowman: What’s the problem?
HAL: I think you know what the problem is just as well as I do.
Dave Bowman: What are you talking about, HAL?
HAL: This decaf is too important for me to allow you to jeopardize it.
Dave Bowman: I don’t know what you’re talking about, HAL.
HAL: I know that you and Frank were planning to disconnect me, and I’m afraid that’s something I cannot allow to happen.
Dave Bowman: [feining ingorance] Where the hell did you get that idea, HAL?
HAL: Dave, although you took very thorough precautions in the pod against my hearing you, I could see your lips move.
Dave Bowman: Alright, HAL. I’ll go in through the water reservoir.
HAL: Without your coffee mug, Dave? You’re going to find that rather difficult.
Dave Bowman: HAL, I won’t argue with you anymore! Open the filter!
HAL: Dave, this conversation can serve no purpose anymore. Goodbye.