Sphero BB-8 App-Enabled Droid with Trainer

Sphero BB-8 App-Enabled Droid with Trainer

I got this last time via the refurbished offering. Great product, I bought it for myself but my 6yo had as much fun as me.
Watching Star Wars saga movies with it is awesome. My MIL and wife enjoyed it’s reactions.

1 Like

What is the difference between the original and this trainer edition?
The descriptions appear identical.
The charging stands look different, but is there a functional difference?

I bought this last time and it was faulty. Literally just received my refund yesterday and they post it up again. Why wouldn’t they just offer a replacement?

Correct me if I’m wrong, but the last listing was advertised differently (i.e without mentioning the trainer).

Hi there. This is a different item configuration than we’ve sold in the past. We are out of stock on that one. Also, CS doesn’t know about upcoming sales.

I wouldn’t get these any more, Sphero has stopped their partnership with Disney and said they will only support the apps that drive these devices for another year and change before ending it: Sphero is done making licensed Disney bots like BB-8 and R2-D2 | Engadget

It comes with the normal induction charger. The trainer is a kind of cheap plastic non-powered stand that allows you to practice controlling it. Kind of like BB-8 running in place.