Sphero BB-8 Drone (without Wristband)

Sphero BB-8 Drone (without Wristband)

Just an fyi you can get the wristband for $14 on amazon right now.
https://www.amazon.com/Sphero-AFB01USA-Star-Wars-Force/dp/B01KX211JI

2 Likes

Am I a terrible person for buying this to play with/torment my puppy (he has an intrepid past with robots)?

I feel like this will only end in destruction.

2 Likes

IS there another use besides amusing / terrorizing pets for it? I had a little VW Beetle in a can remote toy I used to chase my kittens around with…

You may be a terrible person, but there is only one way to test your theory, and that is to buy this and torment your puppy, and see how it makes you feel. Search your feelings…you know it to be true…

2 Likes

You can get the wristband withe a refurbished BB8 for $39, which is basically what you would pay to get the drone from here and the wristband on Amazon.

Dog really likes the robot. He was chasing after it trying to paw at it. Definitely a great dog toy purchase thanks woot.

1 Like

My BB-8 just arrived but I can’t get it to charge, there are no lights that come on. Is it DOA? Anyone one else have issues?

Try charging it for a few hours (or whatever the instructions say). Batteries often ship dead for safety.

If you don’t figure it out, please contact Woot Customer Service for assistance. From a browser, use the Woot Customer Service form. In the Woot App, choose Account from the bottom navigation and then Support.

Mine didn’t either at first, I had to follow the picture instructions.

Then I had to plug it into an USB port that was actually providing power.

Then it started charging.

To follow up, the charging base was DOA, I was only able to charge BB-8 on a wireless charger for my phone, and the robot works fine. My wife was super thrilled. But I finally got around to opening the base expecting a loose wire but no…there is definitely a visibly fried power chip on the charger’s board. The whole point of factory serviced is hope that it has been re-tested. I guess I will see if I can get a replacement.

I think mine suffers from some odd charging as well. I got maybe one play at what should be 100% power, second and third were about 60%, drone just kept moving slowly