Splitting Design on Zipper Hoodies

Back in the day, artwork on zipper hoodies were printed on the back, with a smaller version/excerpt of design on upper right front of garment. Now the art image is printed solely on the front, and split by the zipper. A majority of art doesn’t make sense unless hoodie is zipped up. I love me a zipper hoodie, but haven’t been buying because of what I see as a design issue — why not print the entire, unbroken art on the back?

9 Likes

Hi there. That requires some updates to our system. We’ve tried various ways to get the people manning the printers to flip the item for back printing and it just doesn’t work. It’s something we want to do.

6 Likes
Related.

Have you tried flipping the machines?

6 Likes

HAHA. Hang 'em from the ceiling?

2 Likes

You were able to do it once upon a time, because I have the killer rabbit zip hoodie with the design on the back.

5 Likes

Yes, that was when we did screen printing. Much different. We would print all of one type of apparel at one time. Our system is very different now. Sorry.

2 Likes

When feasible, it would be cool if the design was scaled down and printed on the left/right upper chest area.

5 Likes

Or the planet…

2 Likes

Please from me also, oh community Mods. Please bring back the printing on the back. I’ll pay more.

I’d pay a lot more for the spot color print. My old Sun Wu monkey king is still gorgeous after almost 8 years of hard wear. I think 8. Regardless, the spot color has been a beast.

Thanks!

3 Likes

Waaaay late on this one… I was trying to re-order one and saw that it had changed. Mine was recently stolen after 10+ years of wear and still nearly pristine. My Raven zip hoodie had this, the raven printed on the back and on the right breast was ‘Quoth the Rave…’ .

Any updates on if this has changed? Figure can’t hurt to say we’d still LOVE to see this, and are willing to pay more if theres an option.

3 Likes

Sorry, still printing on the front.

Perfect example of front printing/zipper trauma: John Travolta’s Pulp Fiction far split down the middle! Halloween, Do You Speak It?

1 Like

You should change your mockup. Right now on your picture there is a big gap on the zipper. I have my design printed and it turns out there is no gap on the actual product. Because the fabric covers the zipper. People don’t know that and they don’t order.