SPT Heaters & Heatery Things

I own the Sunpentown SPT-4010 humidifier and I used to use it in my office. It was reliable, silent, and pretty effective for small spaces. The quality was equivalent to my Guardian humidifier that appears on Woot from time-to-time.

The one thing I would say is that I’ve had trouble using the “hot mist” function of this type of humidifier. If you really want steam, buy a kettle-type humidifier. That’s not a knock against this particular model - it just appears to be the way these type of humidifiers work.

The price is only a dollar or two better than Amazon, which has it for about the same price after you take shipping into account.

wow. The SPT SU-4010 is the wirecutter’s ‘budget choice’ for best humidifier. See here:

Beware of any Chinese product that relies on the implication it is somehow European in the name.

Ultrasonic humidifiers are pretty much the same part in a variety of housings. Use DISTILLED water.

That “thermo electric” mini dehumidifier is really a joke. It uses the same weak mechanism found in those automobile heater/coolers.

If you were to place it in an empty 2 pound coffee can and seal it, you MIGHT get a few drops of water after an hour of use.

I tried one once and the amount of moisture it pulls out wouldn’t dampen a washcloth.

Using distilled will certainly get rid of the white residue that is attacked to anything plastic…but little convenience.

I use filtered water from my in home GE filter and I get no scaling and low amounts of the white stuff.

Doesn’t seem like much of a deal. Google search shows pretty much the same prices in a variety of sites…even a few dollars cheaper here (after including no shipping cost or tax): http://store.123greetings.com/catalogsearch/result/?cat=0&q=SPT+SU-4010+Dual-Mist+Ultrasonic
I’m not familiar with the site, but the point is, I frequent Woot to get bargains…this, appears not to be one.

OK, so I’m looking at this one:

SPT SH-1508 Tower Ceramic Heater with Ionizer Silver

and find it for 74.00 on Mothership Prime. Mixed reviews, but why save only five bucks here when I can get it there, shipped free and fast, and get good service if there’s an issue? I’m with the person above who comes to woot for good deals. This isn’t one, apparently…

Unless this is somehow different from that one…?

There are also humidifier review- https://besthumidifierhub.com/
You can find latest one.