Spyware

Hi guys. I really need some help, my computer has become infested with spyware. I have run, Adaware, Spybot SD, and Microsoft Antispyware. Still the pop-ups come, the computer is slower, and so is the internet speed. PLEASE HELP

Hello Hatch. There’s a thread called Posting 101 . . . .

Really nice smart people check it often to help the rest of us with our problems. Try posting your question there too.

thanks, I did that, so maybe I can get some help.

What browser are you using,Hatchv?

are you running a firewall?

I had a spyware program once that was actually 2 files. the first file download and produced the actual pop-up files. however, if you managed to delete or remove that file, the second file (hidden elsewhere) replaced the file on the next reboot. the only way i caught it was because the file was caught trying to access the internet by my firewall. i did a little research about this file on the internet and found out that i needed to remove the second file as well in order to remove the pop-ups.

IE

[quote user=“allgoodpeople”]are you running a firewall?

I had a spyware program once that was actually 2 files. the first file download and produced the actual pop-up files. however, if you managed to delete or remove that file, the second file (hidden elsewhere) replaced the file on the next reboot. the only way i caught it was because the file was caught trying to access the internet by my firewall. i did a little research about this file on the internet and found out that i needed to remove the second file as well in order to remove the pop-ups.[/quote]

How did you do that?

[quote user=“allgoodpeople”]are you running a firewall?

I had a spyware program once that was actually 2 files. the first file download and produced the actual pop-up files. however, if you managed to delete or remove that file, the second file (hidden elsewhere) replaced the file on the next reboot. the only way i caught it was because the file was caught trying to access the internet by my firewall. i did a little research about this file on the internet and found out that i needed to remove the second file as well in order to remove the pop-ups.[/quote]

Yes, I’m using a firewall, that problem sounds just like mine.

[quote user=“hatchv”]

Yes, I’m using a firewall, that problem sounds just like mine. [/quote]

take a look at your firewall program access list and see if any suspicious looking programs are listed as accessing the internet. a good place to start.

another good option is to do a search for Hijack This, which will give you a list of all the programs running on your computer. might be able to identify the offending program there as well.

[quote user=“allgoodpeople”]

take a look at your firewall program access list and see if any suspicious looking programs are listed as accessing the internet. a good place to start.

another good option is to do a search for Hijack This, which will give you a list of all the programs running on your computer. might be able to identify the offending program there as well.[/quote]

Okay, I can do the hijack this but I dont’ know what programs i need to delete??? Anyone help please!!!

Okay I ran HiJack This, and deleted BHO’s that I didn’t know were on my comp. seems to be free of spyware… but we’ll see

If your still having trouble, post your Hijackthis log and ill try to help you weed thru it.

okay

Here Is my Hijack this log… Please Help Me!!!

Logfile of HijackThis v1.99.1
Scan saved at 9:47:32 PM, on 8/28/2005
Platform: Windows XP SP2 (WinNT 5.01.2600)
MSIE: Internet Explorer v6.00 SP2 (6.00.2900.2180)

Running processes:
C:\WINDOWS\System32\smss.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\winlogon.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\services.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\lsass.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\svchost.exe
C:\WINDOWS\System32\svchost.exe
c:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\ccSetMgr.exe
c:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\ccEvtMgr.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\spoolsv.exe
c:\Program Files\Common Files\LightScribe\LSSrvc.exe
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\VS7DEBUG\MDM.EXE
C:\WINDOWS\isgenev.exe
C:\Program Files\Linksys Wireless-G USB Wireless Network Monitor\WLService.exe
C:\Program Files\Linksys Wireless-G USB Wireless Network Monitor\WUSB54Gv2.exe
C:\WINDOWS\Explorer.EXE
C:\Program Files\Java\j2re1.4.2_03\bin\jusched.exe
C:\windows\system\hpsysdrv.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\hkcmd.exe
C:\WINDOWS\AGRSMMSG.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\hphmon06.exe
C:\HP\KBD\KBD.EXE
C:\Program Files\Common Files\InstallShield\UpdateService\issch.exe
C:\hp\drivers\hplsbwatcher\lsburnwatcher.exe
C:\WINDOWS\SOUNDMAN.EXE
C:\Program Files\Linksys Wireless-G USB Wireless Network Monitor\InfoMyCa.exe
C:\WINDOWS\ALCWZRD.EXE
C:\WINDOWS\ALCMTR.EXE
C:\Program Files\Viewpoint\Viewpoint Manager\ViewMgr.exe
C:\Program Files\iTunes\iTunesHelper.exe
C:\WINDOWS\ldbjxff.EXE
C:\WINDOWS\system32\ctfmon.exe
C:\Program Files\iPod\bin\iPodService.exe
C:\Program Files\HP\Digital Imaging\bin\hpqtra08.exe
C:\Program Files\AIM\aim.exe
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Real\Update_OB\realsched.exe
C:\WINDOWS\ALCFDRTM.EXE
C:\Program Files\Internet Explorer\iexplore.exe
C:\Documents and Settings\HP_Owner\Local Settings\Temporary Internet Files\Content.IE5\EJ0R0DCP\hijackthis[1]\HijackThis.exe

R1 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Default_Page_URL = http://ie.redirect.hp.com/svs/rdr?TYPE=3&tp=iehome&locale=EN_US&c=Q105&bd=pavilion&pf=desktop
R0 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Start Page = http://www.thearts.osceola.k12.fl.us/
R1 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Default_Page_URL = http://ie.redirect.hp.com/svs/rdr?TYPE=3&tp=iehome&locale=EN_US&c=Q105&bd=pavilion&pf=desktop
R1 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Connection Wizard,ShellNext = http://shop.symantec.com/
O2 - BHO: AcroIEHlprObj Class - {06849E9F-C8D7-4D59-B87D-784B7D6BE0B3} - C:\Program Files\Adobe\Acrobat 6.0\Reader\ActiveX\AcroIEHelper.dll
O2 - BHO: PicShow Class - {4487598C-2EC7-43A2-870E-6D8D720FDD9F} - C:\WINDOWS\system32\pksheyqs.dll
O2 - BHO: (no name) - {53707962-6F74-2D53-2644-206D7942484F} - C:\PROGRA~1\SPYBOT~1\SDHelper.dll
O3 - Toolbar: HP view - {B2847E28-5D7D-4DEB-8B67-05D28BCF79F5} - c:\Program Files\HP\Digital Imaging\bin\HPDTLK02.dll
O4 - HKLM…\Run: [SunJavaUpdateSched] C:\Program Files\Java\j2re1.4.2_03\bin\jusched.exe
O4 - HKLM…\Run: [hpsysdrv] c:\windows\system\hpsysdrv.exe
O4 - HKLM…\Run: [High Definition Audio Property Page Shortcut] HDAudPropShortcut.exe
O4 - HKLM…\Run: [HotKeysCmds] C:\WINDOWS\system32\hkcmd.exe
O4 - HKLM…\Run: [AGRSMMSG] AGRSMMSG.exe
O4 - HKLM…\Run: [HPHUPD06] c:\Program Files\HP{AAC4FC36-8F89-4587-8DD3-EBC57C83374D}\hphupd06.exe
O4 - HKLM…\Run: [HPHmon06] C:\WINDOWS\system32\hphmon06.exe
O4 - HKLM…\Run: [KBD] C:\HP\KBD\KBD.EXE
O4 - HKLM…\Run: [TkBellExe] “C:\Program Files\Common Files\Real\Update_OB\realsched.exe” -osboot
O4 - HKLM…\Run: [Recguard] C:\WINDOWS\SMINST\RECGUARD.EXE
O4 - HKLM…\Run: [ccApp] “c:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\ccApp.exe”
O4 - HKLM…\Run: [IS CfgWiz] c:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\cfgwiz.exe /GUID NIS /CMDLINE “REBOOT”
O4 - HKLM…\Run: [ISUSPM Startup] C:\PROGRA~1\COMMON~1\INSTAL~1\UPDATE~1\ISUSPM.exe -startup
O4 - HKLM…\Run: [ISUSScheduler] “C:\Program Files\Common Files\InstallShield\UpdateService\issch.exe” -start
O4 - HKLM…\Run: [PS2] C:\WINDOWS\system32\ps2.exe
O4 - HKLM…\Run: [LSBWatcher] c:\hp\drivers\hplsbwatcher\lsburnwatcher.exe
O4 - HKLM…\Run: [Reminder] “C:\Windows\Creator\Remind_XP.exe”
O4 - HKLM…\Run: [WUSB54Gv2] C:\Program Files\Linksys Wireless-G USB Wireless Network Monitor\InvokeSvc3.exe
O4 - HKLM…\Run: [SoundMan] SOUNDMAN.EXE
O4 - HKLM…\Run: [AlcWzrd] ALCWZRD.EXE
O4 - HKLM…\Run: [Alcmtr] ALCMTR.EXE
O4 - HKLM…\Run: [IgfxTray] C:\WINDOWS\system32\igfxtray.exe
O4 - HKLM…\Run: [ViewMgr] C:\Program Files\Viewpoint\Viewpoint Manager\ViewMgr.exe
O4 - HKLM…\Run: [iTunesHelper] “C:\Program Files\iTunes\iTunesHelper.exe”
O4 - HKLM…\Run: [ldbjxff] C:\WINDOWS\ldbjxff.EXE
O4 - HKLM…\Run: [QuickTime Task] “C:\Program Files\QuickTime\qttask.exe” -atboottime
O4 - HKCU…\Run: [ctfmon.exe] C:\WINDOWS\system32\ctfmon.exe
O4 - HKCU…\Run: [pshower] C:\WINDOWS\system32\pshwr.exe
O4 - Global Startup: HP Digital Imaging Monitor.lnk = C:\Program Files\HP\Digital Imaging\bin\hpqtra08.exe
O4 - Global Startup: Picture Package Menu.lnk = ?
O4 - Global Startup: Picture Package VCD Maker.lnk = ?
O4 - Global Startup: Updates from HP.lnk = C:\Program Files\Updates from HP\309731\Program\Updates from HP.exe
O8 - Extra context menu item: E&xport to Microsoft Excel - res://C:\PROGRA~1\MI1933~1\OFFICE11\EXCEL.EXE/3000
O9 - Extra button: AIM - {AC9E2541-2814-11d5-BC6D-00B0D0A1DE45} - C:\Program Files\AIM\aim.exe
O16 - DPF: {17492023-C23A-453E-A040-C7C580BBF700} (Windows Genuine Advantage Validation Tool) - http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?linkid=39204
O16 - DPF: {49232000-16E4-426C-A231-62846947304B} - http://ipgweb.cce.hp.com/rdqcpc/downloads/sysinfo.cab
O16 - DPF: {6414512B-B978-451D-A0D8-FCFDF33E833C} (WUWebControl Class) - http://update.microsoft.com/windowsupdate/v6/V5Controls/en/x86/client/wuweb_site.cab?1124311715093
O16 - DPF: {88D758A3-D33B-45FD-91E3-67749B4057FA} (Sinstaller Class) - http://dm.screensavers.com/dm/installers/si/1/sinstaller.cab
O16 - DPF: {AB86CE53-AC9F-449F-9399-D8ABCA09EC09} (Get_ActiveX Control) - https://h17000.www1.hp.com/ewfrf-JAVA/Secure/HPGetDownloadManager.ocx
O23 - Service: Symantec Event Manager (ccEvtMgr) - Symantec Corporation - c:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\ccEvtMgr.exe
O23 - Service: Symantec Password Validation (ccPwdSvc) - Symantec Corporation - c:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\ccPwdSvc.exe
O23 - Service: Symantec Settings Manager (ccSetMgr) - Symantec Corporation - c:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\ccSetMgr.exe
O23 - Service: iPod Service (iPodService) - Apple Computer, Inc. - C:\Program Files\iPod\bin\iPodService.exe
O23 - Service: LightScribeService Direct Disc Labeling Service (LightScribeService) - Hewlett-Packard Company - c:\Program Files\Common Files\LightScribe\LSSrvc.exe
O23 - Service: Symantec Network Drivers Service (SNDSrvc) - Symantec Corporation - c:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\SNDSrvc.exe
O23 - Service: Symantec SPBBCSvc (SPBBCSvc) - Symantec Corporation - c:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\SPBBC\SPBBCSvc.exe
O23 - Service: Windows Overlay Components - Unknown owner - C:\WINDOWS\isgenev.exe
O23 - Service: WUSB54Gv2SVC - Unknown owner - C:\Program Files\Linksys Wireless-G USB Wireless Network Monitor\WLService.exe" "WUSB54Gv2.exe (file missing)

Please anyone… help me.

I’m a little behind on this, is your computer just running a little slow??

because you have a lot of stuff running.

all of it looks ok, but there are lots of things running.

not sure what this is: O23 - Service: Windows Overlay Components - Unknown owner - C:\WINDOWS\isgenev.exe … or what this is: C:\WINDOWS\ldbjxff.EXE

are you using all of these programs??

just as a little comparison here is my log file that I just ran

Running processes:
C:\WINDOWS\System32\smss.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\winlogon.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\services.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\lsass.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\svchost.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\spoolsv.exe
C:\PROGRA~1\SYMANT~1\SYMANT~1\DefWatch.exe
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\VS7Debug\mdm.exe
C:\Program Files\Linksys\Wireless-G Notebook Adapter\NICServ.exe
C:\PROGRA~1\SYMANT~1\SYMANT~1\Rtvscan.exe
C:\WINDOWS\Explorer.EXE
C:\Program Files\Synaptics\SynTP\SynTPEnh.exe
C:\PROGRA~1\SYMANT~1\SYMANT~1\vptray.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\carpserv.exe
E:\PROGRA~1\sony\SsAAD.exe
C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.5.0_02\bin\jusched.exe
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Sony Shared\AVLib\SSScsiSV.exe
C:\Program Files\Linksys\Wireless-G Notebook Adapter\OdHost.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\wuauclt.exe
E:\Program Files\Gaim\gaim.exe
C:\Program Files\Linksys\Wireless-G Notebook Adapter\Gcc.exe
C:\PROGRA~1\MOZILL~1\FIREFOX.EXE
C:\Program Files\Internet Explorer\iexplore.exe
C:\Documents and Settings\Ky\Desktop\hijackthis\HijackThis.exe

O4 - HKLM…\Run: [SynTPLpr] C:\Program Files\Synaptics\SynTP\SynTPLpr.exe
O4 - HKLM…\Run: [SynTPEnh] C:\Program Files\Synaptics\SynTP\SynTPEnh.exe
O4 - HKLM…\Run: [vptray] C:\PROGRA~1\SYMANT~1\SYMANT~1\vptray.exe
O4 - HKLM…\Run: [CARPService] carpserv.exe
O4 - HKLM…\Run: [SsAAD.exe] E:\PROGRA~1\sony\SsAAD.exe
O4 - HKLM…\Run: [LXSUPMON] C:\WINDOWS\system32\LXSUPMON.EXE RUN
O4 - HKLM…\Run: [SunJavaUpdateSched] C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.5.0_02\bin\jusched.exe
O4 - Global Startup: Adobe Reader Speed Launch.lnk = C:\Program Files\Adobe\Acrobat 7.0\Reader\reader_sl.exe
O4 - Global Startup: Microsoft Office.lnk = C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Office10\OSA.EXE
O4 - Global Startup: Wireless-G Notebook Adapter.lnk = C:\Program Files\Linksys\Wireless-G Notebook Adapter\Gcc.exe
O8 - Extra context menu item: E&xport to Microsoft Excel - res://C:\PROGRA~1\MICROS~2\Office10\EXCEL.EXE/3000
O9 - Extra button: Messenger - {FB5F1910-F110-11d2-BB9E-00C04F795683} - C:\Program Files\Messenger\msmsgs.exe
O9 - Extra ‘Tools’ menuitem: Windows Messenger - {FB5F1910-F110-11d2-BB9E-00C04F795683} - C:\Program Files\Messenger\msmsgs.exe
O16 - DPF: {F58E1CEF-A068-4C15-BA5E-587CAF3EE8C6} (MSN Chat Control 4.5) - http://chat.msn.com/controls/msnchat45.cab
O20 - Winlogon Notify: NavLogon - C:\WINDOWS\System32\NavLogon.dll
O23 - Service: DefWatch - Symantec Corporation - C:\PROGRA~1\SYMANT~1\SYMANT~1\DefWatch.exe
O23 - Service: NICSer_WPC54G - Unknown owner - C:\Program Files\Linksys\Wireless-G Notebook Adapter\NICServ.exe
O23 - Service: Symantec AntiVirus Client (Norton AntiVirus Server) - Symantec Corporation - C:\PROGRA~1\SYMANT~1\SYMANT~1\Rtvscan.exe
O23 - Service: PACSPTISVR - Sony Corporation - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Sony Shared\AVLib\PACSPTISVR.exe
O23 - Service: Sony SPTI Service (SPTISRV) - Sony Corporation - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Sony Shared\AVLib\SPTISRV.exe
O23 - Service: SonicStage SCSI Service (SSScsiSV) - Sony Corporation - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Sony Shared\AVLib\SSScsiSV.exe

I have to agree with cruzer, looks pretty clean. Lots of stuff runnin that dont need to be tho. All the same post your log to my friends board :

http://www.mytechsupport.ca/support/forum.asp?FORUM_ID=27"

just in case I missed anything. please remember to be patient with them tho, they are all volunteers but will stick with ya till its solved.

Wooters are the best!

Hello Hatch. There’s a thread called Posting 101 . . . .

Really nice smart people check it often to help the rest of us with our problems. Try posting your question there too.

thanks, I did that, so maybe I can get some help.