St. Julian Winery Braganini Reserve Michigan White - 6 Pack

I wasn’t commenting on these whites in particular, I was saying that ALL of the whites I have tried from St. Julian’s, and I have spent a fair amount of time in their tasting room, I have found to be sweeter than other whites from the region. If you like wines on the sweeter side, you will probably like St. Julian.

Arg, you finally get a Riesling and you can’t ship to Arizona? Boo.

How does this white wine compare with the californian whites?

^^^Now if that ain’t a quality post, I don’t know what is…

Oh! Never mind…:wink:

These look intriguing! I will let the gf decide if she wants in on it :slight_smile:

How big are the bottles? Am I missing this somewhere??

Unless it’s Ice Wine, Late Harvest, or a Port style wine, or says Magnum, it will be the normal 750ml size.

Most Ice Wines, Late Harvest wines, and Port style wines (but not all) are in the 375ml (1/2 of the 750ml) size.

Oh, and anyone in SoCal interested in splitting an order? Want to try the Traminette.

Haven’t needed to use the white Vinturi yet. Maybe on a white that a winery or winemaker suggests laying down for a while.

I think some of the Tablas Creek white wines are listed as early, so if I open one of them, I may try it then. But I doubt it (since it seems I rarely open my own wines!).

Where in Socal are you. I just moved to LA, Miracle mile area. willing to split with you if you are nearby.

Being that I am from Michigan, I would have to say that there are a lot of great white wines produced in Michigan. We travel to Traverse City once a year to tour the wineries located by the 45th parallel, which I guess has great climate for growing. This wine company also produces an excellent “port” wine called Catherman’s port. So yes, Michigan is known for wine more than just cherry wine, and mainly up in the Traverse City area.

michiganbythebottle.com - for all your michigan wine needs. The state’s definitely an up-and-comer.

St. Julian’s Braganini Reserve entire line falls on the dry side. The traminette is a semi dry and the others are dry. Traminette is 100% to my knowledge.

I just decanted a Savienerres (Chenin Blanc) this weekend! Anything built to age would definitely benefit.

I would disagree. Some of there wine is sweet however their list is vast and includes many dry; most of them on their Braganini list. My favorite is their chancellor, a dry red.

I live quite near the St. Julian winery…in fact I was born in the town where it’s located. I find their wines to be quite drinkable, although their whites, as a whole, tend to be a little bit on the sweet side. Our Michigan grapes are on the sweet side compared to other parts of the country. However, this is a great price, and a great way to try something new if you’re unfamiliar with St. Julian. If you’re going to dinner, for example a summer barbecue, and want to bring a bottle of wine that will please most palates, these will be a good choice.

I also live near the winery and visit it at least a couple of times a year. The whites are a bit sweet for me, but my wife loves them. Hopefully Woot will have more Michigan wines as there are many great wineries in the state. Perhaps Woot can go to Warner - a block from St. Julian - and distribute some of their wines as well. We recently tried their reserve Traminette and enjoyed it.

When I recently spent a week in Napa and Sonoma I often found myself comparing them (not always favorably) to the Michigan wines. We hope to spend several long weekends this summer traveling the Michigan wine regions. In for two.

Hmmm. I’ll have to come back later to read more comments. We have some St Julian wines available locally (OH) but I’ve never really tried them. I’d be interested in trying some but don’t want anything cloying or too perfumed.

What are the drinking windows on all of these? Are these ready/good for my summer hijinks? Can I use these as payment for people to help me move?

Hello everyone, I’m St. Julian’s Winemaker - here to answer all of your questions!

I see some of you commenting on the sweetness of St. Julian wines. Yes, under our St. Julian label, many of our wines are geared to the sweeter wine drinker. These are the wines that most of our consumers see of grocery store shelves!

As for the Braganini Reserve line of wines, these are the best of the best from Southwest Michigan…only being available to Wine Club members, at our tasting rooms and now to Wine.Woot members!!! Most of these wines are dry - except for the semi dry Traminette and our Late Harvest wines under this brand.

The 2010 Braganini Reserve Pinot gris is one of my favorite wines. We let these grapes hang a bit longer in the vineyard compared to our Pinot grigio label, allow for richer, fuller flavors. Once we crush the grapes, we ferment in neutral oak barrels and stir the lees for 7 months to impart a creamy finish! This wine is 100% Pinot gris and is finished dry…so it’s a nice summer sipper and it pairs nicely with many seafood and chicken dishes! Silver Medal winner at the Great Lakes Great Wines Competition!

The 2009 Braganini Reserve Traminette is one of our most awarded wines! Over the past few years, this label has garnered the Best White Wine in Michigan and several other medals from competitions all over the US. Most recently, it won GOLD medal at the Tasters Guild International Wine Competition and a DOUBLE GOLD at the Great Lakes Great Wines Competition. Love the explosion of tropical fruits accompanied by subtle floral notes, this wine has a touch of residual sugar to enhance all the aromas and flavors. If you are looking for a “summer sipper,” this wine is it! Chilled to perfection, this wine is great to enjoy on the patio, on a boat, on the beach…anywhere you relax on a nice summer day! Also pairs great with spicy foods and many grilled items! I always have a bottle of this with me when I head to Lake Michigan for some summer boating with friends!

The 2010 Braganini Riesling is a GOLD medal winner from the Great Lakes Great Wine Competition! Like the Pinot gris mentioned above, this wine is made in a similar manner – fermented in neutral oak barrels, lees stirred for 7 months and finished dry. Many “dry wine drinkers” often turn their noses up to Riesling due to the sweetness level – so I challenge all of you – try this dry Riesling and you may pleasantly surprise your palate! Its lemon zest aromas, austere acidity and tart apple flavors will have you craving another sip after sip! This is my everyday drinking wine…one that’s always chilled and ready to drink at my house!

I’ll be on all afternoon to answer questions!
Cheers!
Nancie

This wine has won several Gold Medals in competitions all over the US! One of the BEST Traminette’s on the market…and now offered at a great price on Wine.Woot!