Standing Stone Ice-Style Half-Size Three-Pack

Tempting…

Still, I picked up 2 Mumms last week and should take a week off if possible…

Still, this would make a great gift for my mom, and my dad got the Mumms last week…

:0)

We’ll see.

So sad. That was the impetus for jumping in without waiting for more input.

in for two. one for a gift, one for me. :slight_smile: 3 years in Germany taught me how nice a good ice wine can be. My girlfriend loves them as well. Thanks for this treat!!

Has anyone try this brand before, 21.66 each with shipping is not a bad deal

Do these ship from CA or NY?

OH Yummy! Dessert wine! Something NEW! To drink while wearing today’s Urban Ice tee shirt!

If we are going to be buying east coasters, let’s have something from Virginia wine country please.

Last wooter to woot: renebee73

Ice wine is incredible if you’ve not had it, and that’s pretty cheap for ice wine, though I’m not sure about the quality. I’ve not had a bad bottle of ice wine yet, but all of the ice wine I’ve had is Canadian. Don’t know about NY.

I had the 2004 Vidal Ice at their vineyard on Seneca Lake and I have to say I was very unimpressed. This isn’t a true “ice wine” either (which is why it’s so inexpensive). Standing Stone has some very nice wines (Rieslings in particular) but I find this Ice wine sickeningly sweet and lacking any depth. These are blends of several grapes (what I would think is whatever is left on the vines) and to me is very uncharacteristic of an ice wine. If anyone is thinking of trying this as their first icewine, I’d suggest you try something else - a Cabernet Franc or perhaps a Vin de Paille, something that will have richer flavors. But that’s just my 2 cents.

This is my first post and only because I never have had the chance to actually recommend a wine. I am from Finger Lakes and go on about three wine tours a year in the area. (In the midst of planning another one now : ) And by far Standing Stone has consistently one of the best Ice Wines to buy.

I am absolutely thrilled that Woot entered the New York wine market! Someday maybe we will see some lighter Late Harvests or the excellent Gewürztraminers and Rieslings that we offer over here. For the red lovers we even have a nice Cabernet Franc.

God help me! Dessert wine! And from the EAST COAST!

I already know where my Christmas money is going!

iByron

Now, if we could get a Dr. Frank deal, I would be very happy! Would be much easier than schlepping it back in my suitcase :slight_smile:

I too have been on many a wine tour around several of the finger lakes, and I would suggest you make a trip over to Cayuga lake and try the ice wines at Sheldrake Point. From the sounds of it you might already have, but I would say that their selection of ice wines is much more impressive. But I will agree and say that the Finger Lakes produce one hell of a Gewurztraminer…

This isn’t “ice wine” but wine made in the ice wine style. Sort of like how Gruet doesn’t make Champagne but sparkling wine in the methode champanoise. That’s according to the winemakers web site. Doesn’t make it anything less, just different.

Still no Pennsylvania, though. Darn!

iByron

For the winemaker:

While those of us on the east coast are pretty familiar with so-called “French hybrids” like Vidal Blanc, the rest of the folks here may not be. Can you give us some winemaker perspective on them?

iByron

I love Sheldrake, tried them last year at the Finger Lakes Wine Festival… $$$

Yay for finally having some NYS wine! You should try some Riesling, that I would definitely buy, although I’m probably going to buy this too :slight_smile:

Any chance on some labrat action? I love Ice Wine, still have a few bottles from my trip to Niagara Falls this summer, adding 6 more bottles of a different vintage here. :wink:

[Edit: Gah! I thought I had skimmed the forums well enough, but just re-read the posts, and saw that we don’t get any labrat lovin’ this week. BUMMER.]

in for 1!!

I love Riesling, and have been waiting for a wine.woot of some, hopefully soon!

The Finger Lakes have some outstanding Rieslings and Gewürztraminer. The sparkling hard ciders are interesting as well. Cornell has developed some grapes specifically for the region that are nice.