Stanley MaxSteel Slip-Joint Pliers

bought 3

What do you mean by “crap”?

If you mean that the products are low quality, think again: most of the products come from reputable brands. Todays Sellout.Woot deal is a good example, and it offers a lifetime manufacturer warranty. Some products Woot offers are refurbished, you may or may not like that, but I saved a bunch by ordering various refurbs and I havn’t had a single issue with them so far.

If you mean that the products are not interesting TO YOU, then you have to understand that they may be to others. I’ve ordered more than 40 times on Woot in a little more than a year, and each time it was because I had a need for the particular product offered (I am not an impulse buyer, even though I must have been buying without thinking much two or three times, especially during WootOffs). I am a student and I simply cannot afford to pay the usual retail price for everything that I buy.

I’m sure that you’ll find some “good deals” (from your point of view) if you wait a little.
the products are so various that I don’t see how you can dislike every product!

As the guy who post the price comparator, I have to optimize its search terms every day, for every deal. This means that I’m doing the price comparison at least once every day (far more during the WootOffs). There are products which are so cheap on Woot that I don’t even bother posting. Todays Sellout.Woot is an example.

I believe that I have a good idea of the discounts that Woot usually offers, and I can tell you that it is not uncommon for me to see ~80% discounts on Woot.

An example: the Saitek P2600 gamepad that the WootOff just had for sale. $3.99 on Woot, $8.95 on eBay. That’s a 55% discount. Shipping on Woot is $5, for the eBay auction it was $5.95… there’s no secret. And the price on Amazon was $35.93 ! -89% !

You might think that this joystick is “crap”, but Woot sold 600 of these. 55% bought one, this means that there were more than 300 customers! You might not need it, but it looks like some people did.
And I can totally accept that there is no possible return if I order from Woot, considering the huge discount over the other “reputable stores”.

Other example: Dyson DC17 vacuum (refurb), for $239.99 + $5 S/H during the WootOff. Lowest price I found was at eCost: $279.99 + $31 S/H. This is a 21% discount! I call that a deal, if you want that vacuum.

This discussion should take place in the World of Woot forum, so I invite you to continue over there if you’d like to.

Clearly, Stanley needs some marketing help on this one, so here is my proposal for a revamped product name:

Stanley MaxSteel UltraTorq SuprGripr AntiSlipp RipTooth Slip-Joint Pliers

Ahh, much better.

Before everyone clubs this guy, realize how funny it is that he captures the irony of the woot comment section perfectly. If someone who had been here a long time had written this just to see how many people would bite, it would be hilarious.

That said… Tommy7ft, you’re welcome to leave. There’s the door. Always classy to come in and shoot your mouth off before you even figure out what’s going on. Maybe you should head on over to bestbuy.com, it’s a little more straightfoward there.

WTF??? IS IT OVER OR DID IT CRASH AGAIN???

now, that’s an exciting christmas idea

sheltzel,

i get the woot. i like it. i bought 3 mp3 players yesterday. i just don’t get the cats. if you would like to enlighten me instead of being so condescending, be my guest.

Cheesy humor and smarmy-ness. Get on board. If you don’t like it, shut up and start liking it, because that’s what we do here. In fact, I’m breaking the rules by explaining it.

Good price. In for 2. Stainless is a nice feature.

My god sheltzel! I’ve figured it out. Had it not been for your amazingly indepth explanation, I might be one of the “others.” Your suave letter stroking and cool manner have shown me the light. From now on, I will consider myself below you in all aspects of life. Had I a picture of a cute, warm and fuzzy cat, I would put some witty yet idiotic quote below it in honor of you and post it in this comment. something like, “I are betr than u cuz I wooted n janerary and ur a day old noob.” Maybe one day we can meet in person and have a love affair and offer tickets to our wedding in a woot off. now please, PLEASE (in a sultry voice) respond to this with your wit that I desire so much.

was that smarmy enough for you?

Do these come in brown?

That’s just sarcastic. Not so much smarmy.

You won’t get any support here talking bad about the kitty pictures. Or by taking anything so seriously.

TAKING IT SO SERIOUSLY??? Allow me to post your first reply. Heed your own advice, lover.

That said… Tommy7ft, you’re welcome to leave. There’s the door. Always classy to come in and shoot your mouth off before you even figure out what’s going on. Maybe you should head on over to bestbuy.com, it’s a little more straightfoward there.

<yawn>

First hammers then diagonal cutters, now pliers… woot is on a home improvement roll here.

How about a toolbox-o-crap ?

i am the soft kitten. you are godzilla. and you know it.

Pliers? I have pliers. There are usable pliers of this size at the dollar store. I’m sure these are far better quality but c’mon.

This would be a novelty if it was a Stanley Made In USA Pliers. Unfortunately, I don’t see that in the description.

There must be a story behind this particular woot, and I’m not sure whether I want to know or don’t want to know.

fuck shit WTF lol haha cunt

Sorry…someone told me about the filter and I just wanted to test it out.

During today’s woot-off, they had a pair of Energy bookself speakers going and the little blurb below said the center one was on sellout - does anyone know if it has been in the past or possible tonight when it changes over?

mucho gracias in advanced…

Well,aside from the not so popular pliers,I gotta admit that both you guys have fully entertained me tonight,But now that it’s almost over,I’m sure most would agree that you both need to get a room!Enough with the foreplay already!Thanks for the laughs by the way