Stanley Utility Drink-Thru Travel Mug - 16 ounce

This is all true BUT if you need a cup that absolutely will not spill these work great. It does not need to fit in a cup holder since it does not need to be upright when closed.

I have one I bought at Bass Pro Shop awhile ago. I bought it for the motorcycle. We throw it in the saddle bags and are able to drink when stopped. Keeps cold/hot for long enough. The lid is only a slight issue. Wouldn’t want to have deal with it on an every day basis, but for riding…the leak-proof feature far outweighs the lid issue. In for 3 more.

I bought these and they do fit in our cup holders. However they do not fit under our Keurig (even with the tray pulled out they are too tall). Gave them away.

I bought 4 of these in a previous Woot!.

I am happy with the design of the cup for the most part. The lid fits snugly (provided the o-ring doesn’t come off, fast fix and has only occurred twice in 4 months), preventing any spills. This also comes in handy for adding in creamer, sugar, etc since you can shake it viciously, saving one dirty spoon. It is easy to twist open for a fast drink and seal back up quietly. It is the perfect size for my hands, which I assume are still average. I haven’t checked the latest statistics in the past couple of days.

This is great for a student who simply hangs the handle off a side strap on his backpack. As long as the bag doesn’t get turned upside down, it won’t fall off (due to the hook handle). This might not work so great for skydivers with parachute packs.

One downside: it has double-wall insulation, not a vacuum. It keeps my coffee hot for about 20-30 minutes and drinkably warm for another hour or so. If you live on Antarctica, this probably isn’t that great of a product for you.

Edit: I agree with the above post. They don’t fit under my Keurig either, but one plastic cup stays under my Keurig, and I rinse it out daily after each use. A fast pour is all it takes.

Also, the base is slightly wide. It doesn’t go all the way down in my Toyota’s cup holders, but it still sits snugly. Sometimes I even lay it down sideways in the passenger seat if my cup holders are filled with non-sealed beverages.

Edit 2: You can open it with one hand after you break the air-tight seal initially. For example, I tighten it fully when I an heading to my car. At my desk, I’ll only slightly close the lid, and I can easily take it off one handed. It just requires an initial opening using both, usually occurring on the walk from my car to my desk.

What the heck… in for 3

Doing my part to keep things rolling :slight_smile:

was about to grab 3 until this comment, even with the negative reviews, i figured I’d give it a try. Thanks, saved me the trouble of doing the same.

They came in the mail today and I love them!!!

I am buying for cold beverages instead of those plastic numbers that are not dishwasher safe. Also cup holder on truck is big, so this should not rattle around like other cups.

You can also buy 3 and still pay the same $5 shipping.

Can anyone tell me how tall this is with the lid off? I have a cheap keurig knock off and am wondering if it will fit underneath it.

Edit: Found it on Walmart’s website 2.9 x 4.5 x 7.7 so as long as the lid knocks off about 1/2" I’m good. In for two.

What I learned today: Wooters have extremely high expectations of their $3 travel mugs.

…in for 3…

As many others have said…it does not fit into standard car cup holders…does not make them very travel friendly.

yep, when it comes to woot, its usually worth it to buy 3 of the cheap items.

1 for 8 8/per
2 for 11 5.5/per
3 for 14 4.67/per

the lid screws into the cup…so whatever the height of the cup is is the total height with or without the lid. does not fit under my kuerig.

Dang. So close. My thermos travel mug is 7.4" and has to be squeezed under the brewer so maybe I shouldn’t bet on it.

Am I a coffee pig or does anyone else think 16 oz is mega tiny?

That depends. Do you like bacon with your coffee?

I bought 3 last time and I love them. Screw top lid, it does not leak. At all. It does not fit in the cup holder of an '05 Chevy Cobalt but I just put it on the seat next to me on the way to work. If you fill it to the absolute brim, the lid will be difficult to unscrew the first time only. I use one full turn to drink from it and have no problems. I absolutely love that there is no internal “lock” mechanism for bacteria to grow in. Dishwasher safe. If mine weren’t in pristine condition, I’d be in for 3 more.

I bought a kuerig hoping that 12oz of coffee would be enough every morning.

All that did was force me to drink 2 cups before leaving for work, and buy a large coffee once I got there…

So yes… BUT, its fine if you plan on drinking a few cups before and after your commute.

I like to get the lids “finger tight”