Stansport 11', 6-Person Inflatable Boat

Same mil as the Seaeagle 9 AND

Same dimensions as the 4 person SeaEagle 9

Exterior:

11’ x 4’ 8"

For those who are still wondering about the thickness, 1 mil equals .001 inches 1 millimeter equals .03937 inches so yes, this material is just under 1 MM thick. Polykrylar is a reasonably tough plastic that is used in medium quality light duty inflatables. I know this last part because my wife and I enjoy rubber boating on the American River and I have been researching a new one since the welded plastic seams gave way on an Intex boat I got from Amazon. That was a real POS. About 5 mil thick vinyl. I have been researching a new one and I think this is a good deal. I jumped on it and will soon jump in it.

Just looking at the pictures it would appear to use the same motor mounts as the Sea Eagle se 8 and 9 boats.

Motormounts for Sea Eagle Kayaks, Paddleboards and Boats

6 person??? Look at the main picture. The included ores are 5’ long, and are just a bit shorter than the length of the seating area. You’d be very hard pressed to get half a dozen 5 year old kids (especially with life vests, etc. on), much less adults in a boat that size.

And we thought tent sizes (10’x9’ sleeps 6) were unrealistic!

where are the motor mounts
?

Not if you’re any good at fishing…

Yeah, I absolutely cannot imagine having that many people in there w/ no floorboards. Anyone ever tried standing up on one of those long floats in the pool; sort of the same thing X 6.

Lost my chance last time the they were selling the sea eagle.

I’m curious, has anyone had any experience with using a motor on one of these things?

There was a Q&A post on Walmart’s listing for the Stansport Waterfowl boat (this boat) that said that Stansport customer service told a customer that the Sea Eagle SE9 boat uses the same motor mount as the Waterfowl. So that would be the Sea Eagle MM-3 motor mount, which sells for around $82 on Amazon. This is third hand information though. someone might want to confirm that with the manufacturer.

Sea Eagle MM-3 Mount: http://www.amazon.com/Sea-Eagle-MM-3-Motormount-SE-8/dp/B001NZYWY6/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1346342116&sr=8-1&keywords=sea+eagle+mm-3

But the bottom line is that this boat, as pictured, will not accept a motor directly. You will need a mount.

I have the Intex Excursion 5 boat ($129 on Amazon). Nice inflatable boat. The motor mount for that one is only $25 and it works great. I have a 55-lb. thrust Minn Kota Endura on mine and it zips around at about 4 mph (nice for trolling).

-CB

I had one punctured it though never fixed, but it was vinyl curious to try this material out anyone know how strong it is? And it should not take more than 20 min to pump up 10 for in shape person

So would the color make any difference for fishing?

i went through the same thought… then i realized… if anything happened to me where im fishing i wouldnt wanna blend in with the surroundings lol

The price on bags o crap has skyrocketed!!

WONDERING THE SAME THING MYSELF…ANYONE KNOW HOW DURABLE THESE HULLS ARE? WILL ONLY BE USING FOR FLAT RIVERS AND LAKES FOR SOME FISHING AND OCCASIONAL NAPS AT SEA.

ANY FIRST HAND KNOWLEDGE WOULD BE MUCH APPRECIATED!

Transom Brace? | Boating Forum - iboats Boating Forums this guy is a recent reviewer… they seem to enjoy this kinda stuff

If only it had floor boards it would be perfect for when my neighborhood floods! But the dog will want to go for a cruise with us. I’d still be better off than the neighbors… :wink:
http://boardwalktrash.com/2012/07/beach-holidays-florida/

Good point, I also wonder how good the Waterfowl model is for hunting, idk how I’d feel about discharging a shotgun on one of these things!

i wonder how hard its going to be to register this inflatable in california for me =(… anything with a motor attached needs to registered… 10 bucks for two years isnt bad… i just dont want to have a hard time getting the paperwork

My kids wanted this to go use at the beach. They thought they could try to be Navy Seals and go out a bit past the breaking waves. Would it stand up to being a large boogie board at times?

I think we broke stansport looking this product up. I hope their boats hold up better under pressure.

Bandwidth Limit Exceeded
The server is temporarily unable to service your request due to the site owner reaching his/her bandwidth limit. Please try again later.

Apache Server at www.stansport.com Port 80