Starmont Chardonnay, Napa Valley 6-Pack
Sold by: Merryvale Vineyards LLC
$89.99 $156.00 42% off List Price
2012 Starmont Chardonnay, Carneros, Napa Valley

I know, no one likes pro reviews. However, here ya go:

Wine Enthusiast
Starmont 2012 Chardonnay (Carneros)
89 POINTS

This Napa-side-of-Carneros Chardonnay is resplendent in crisp yet hearty aromas of apple, pear and flowery jasmine. Well put-together, it offers electric acidity and enough rounded texture to pair magnificently with food. On the finish is a hint of tarte Tatin, a tiny seasoning of cinnamon and nutmeg on top.

PRICE $22,
APPELLATION Carneros, Napa-Sonoma, California, US
WINERY Starmont
ALCOHOL 14%
BOTTLE SIZE 750 ml
DATE PUBLISHED 9/1/2014

Not a super price. A buck more at Binny’s here in IL.

Not such a hot deal…Lower price at Total Wine … and I don’t have to throw darts at a calendar to guess when it might arrive.

Shipping is included? And it’s available from total wine to the same states as is from here?

I would not call the acidity ‘electric,’ but it is crisp, likely thanks to the mostly stainless aging, the fruit is indeed very nice apple and pear, there is a vanilla hint that may be the jasmine this review references. We enjoy it and keep several bottles around for every day enjoyment. The price here is about $1.50/bottle less than local pre-tax price even factoring in tax and shipping.

Hello Everyone! Brian here from Starmont Winery. Please let me know if you have any questions about the wine.

Personally I love this wine, if I want an easy drinking food and user friendly white for my summer nights, I look no further. Its always good. I love Carneros Chardonnays and this is one of my favorites. Plus I’m not ashamed as a lot of my friends are to admit that I love a great Chardonnay.

This might be a good time to stock up for summer.

No questions for me but thank you for coming onto the message board and saying hello!

That is what I’m here for, we can really open and liven the conversation up to “Any” questions.

Brian

I have a question not specific to this wine. We used to visit Merryvale quite often in the 1990’s, early 2000’s and noted the Starmont chardonnay at that time but lost track of when the winery split into Starmont and Merryvale. Can you provide a bit of insight on why it split off and the difference?

So the Starmont brand has roots in in the very early days of Merryvale history. The letters in name of Starmont originate from the names initial partners in Merryvale. The Starmont Brand started out as a co-branded wine that would have both Merryvales and Starmonts name on the label. The label was positioned to be the broad market wine for Merryvale Vineyards.

At a certain point the family wanted to separate the brands. So in 2005 the Schlatter Family decided to spin off Starmont to be its own stand alone brand, to highlight the amazing Pinot Noirs and Chardonnays coming from the Carneros region. Coinciding with that major shift in the branding we built a new winery production facility in Carneros, where the Starmont wines are made. We even have a dedicated tasting room now at the Starmont facility in Carneros where we feature the wines from our Carneros Estate on the historic Stanly Ranch. Next time you are out you should come visit. I hope this answers your question.

When I was looking up info, Merryvale came up first and then I remembered Tra Vigne next door, THEN I read they closed last month.
That was sad news. Had a few really awesome meals there over the years when I still lived in the Bay Area and visited wine country.