Stay Sharp!

Old school wooden pencils kill trees! Switch to mechanical!

Is it just me, or does the text kill it? I think just the sharpener would have been awesome enough. The text is cool, but should be part of another shirt. Either way, I’m thinking I’m gonna have to make room in my dresser for another shirt.

I love the smell of fresh pencil shavings in the morning.

Shouldn’t this be more like “Write Sharp with Ever-Sharp” (U.S. Patent 3813176) ?

(edit: got “Dystopia Dark Lager” on Saturday. still waiting for two others. yippee!)

I laughed. The shirt design itself is an interesting concept. Congrats artist!

If the “Stay Sharp” weren’t there, this would be a much awesome-r T-shirt. I think the old sharpener alone says enough.

What does the sharpener itself say besides “You have a pencil sharpener on your chest?”

I’m pretty sure all the oil-based plastics and excess energy needed to make mechanical pencils, along with the fact that they don’t biodegrade when they’re discarded (sooner than they should be, most of the time), results in mechanical pencils being a lot less of an environmentally friendly product…

I always got excited when I had a pencil to sharpen & I could use a hole other than the standard size.

I’ve been both a tutor and an ESL teacher. This shirt is a must for me.

Yeah and mechanical pencils are made with plastic. Plastic that is made in plastic factories that output toxic gases into the atmosphere which, ironically, kill trees.

Problem solved!

200x200

http://www.freshpromotions.com.au/products/metal-mechanical-pencil.jpg[/img]

It’s metal!

I wonder how we’re still alive with so many plastic products everywhere.

You changed your name! I liked 17 better. But I guess 17 was a boy’s name. Mixer knows what I’m talking about.

I plan to change it often… :wink: Besides, when I was little and had my hair was cut really short, people thought I was a little boy… now my name proves I’m a girl.

true story.

and it was horribly embarrassing.

Hah, indeed I do… I suppose 18 should be a bit more fitting for her though :slight_smile: Why the nostalgia, woot? Don’t you know that I already spend too much money on shirts? Don’t you care?

Mixer, I do believe they’re banking on it. :wink:

Heh, you’re probably right on the money…

This shirt reminds me of sharpening pencils until they became barely a stub. Did anyone else do that on purpose when they were little? I was always too scared to try it with the electric sharpener; afraid it would swallow my finger.

and then i’d stick the pencil stubs into my afro for safekeeping, and lose them.

and then my mom would wash my hair, and four or five tiny pencils would fall out!

:slight_smile: (slash, eww)

I found your highschool photo. Damn, were you ever fly:

But did you really wait so long to take a shower til you turned green?