SteelSeries Flux Gaming Headsets

Check out the product page and tons of reviews and other info can be found over at Engadget.com

I recently bought this headset for $13 on another site and the sound quality is very bad and the headband hurts the top of your head. Beyond those 2 issues the build quality is very nice.

I bought these the last time they were here. The sound quality isn’t bad, but it’s not exceptional. They’re pretty light and the construction is particularly sturdy for their weight. After a few hours of wearing them, the outsides of my ears hurt because they clench my head too hard. They don’t block a lot of outside sound. The microphone included is low quality, but if you’re looking for a light, easy way to communicate without lugging a mic around, it works well.

I’m really happy with these. Given that I usually buy cheap headphones because I don’t use them often, the sound quality is much better than my last pair (a pair of Sony’s I bought for $15). The ear cushions are more comfortable too. They don’t completely isolate your from outside noise, but they muffle it a little. What I like best is that they’re very well built. The Sony pair is made of brittle plastic and I have to be careful with it, but these are solid. I feel like I could toss them in a suitcase or take them jogging. Headband is a little tight, but I’m sure it’ll stretch with use.

They pretty much just have to function properly to be a good deal at this price.

I bought both the white and gw2 sets of the flux headphones last time they were on sale. Note that if you require both the computer cable and the mobile phone/newer laptop combined cable, you will want to order the white set, the gw2 headphones only come with the cable that goes to 2 3.5mm jacks, it does not include the 3 pole 3.5mm jack that combines both the headphone and the mic.

can you use these on an xbox 360?

no this is pc only since the headset cable needs a headphone jack and a mic jack to function as a headset. 360 has a 2.5mm headset jack