SteelSeries Siberia 150 Gaming Headset

SteelSeries Siberia 150 Gaming Headset

I bought this about a month ago off the woot website. When I bought it, it said the condition was “NEW”. It took a LONG time to arrive and I was NOT happy when I got it! First of all, it was delivered in a clear thin plastic bag, rather than the product box, and anyone could see what it was during the delivery process. Second…it has a large sticker on it that say “REFURBISHED”!!! That really pissed me off!

I don’t even know how to go about getting this taken care of.

What I want is a NEW set in it’s Original Packaging Box…NOT refurbished ones. If anyone here knows what I’m supposed to do about this, please let me know. Thanks.

I’m very sorry! It was supposed to be new. It’s possible the vendor pulled it from the wrong tack.

I’ll let the electronics team know.

In the meantime, please contact Woot Customer Service for assistance. From a browser, use the Woot Customer Service form. In the Woot App, choose Account from the bottom navigation and then Support.

I ordered two of these and both arrived broken and defective. They are amazing headphones exept they arrived with loose USB connectors. SteelSeries does not honor the warranty from a third party seller. So I can’t get them replaced.
It was a waste of time and I do not recommend buying.

I’m very sorry for the problem. Woot CS will take care of you. Please contact Woot Customer Service for assistance. From a browser, use the Woot Customer Service form. In the Woot App, choose Account from the bottom navigation and then Support.