SteelSeries Siberia P300 Gaming Headset for PS4

[Preview 1][Preview 2]

SteelSeries Siberia P300 Gaming Headset for PS4
Price: $32.99
Shipping Options:: $5 Standard (Free with Prime)
Shipping Estimates: Ships in 3-5 business days (Thursday, Mar 29 to Tuesday, Apr 03) + transit
Condition: New

[http://www.wootstalker.com/images/buy.png

Buy It](SteelSeries Siberia P300 Gaming Headset for PS4) [http://www.wootstalker.com/images/amazon.png

Search Amazon](http://www.amazon.com/s/?field-keywords=SteelSeries Siberia P300 Gaming Headset for PS4) [http://www.wootstalker.com/images/google.png

Search Google](SteelSeries - Google Shopping Siberia P300 Gaming Headset for PS4)

Is the connection just a 3.5mm jack? What makes this “for PS4?”

If you are a serious gamer or even a casual gamer, these gaming headsets are a joke. You do not want a gaming headset for gaming. I know this sounds insane, but gaming headsets are just gimmicks marketed for a specific consumer.

When gaming, the majority of advantages from a headset comes from
“sound stage”. Essentially sound stage is the headsets ability to give sound direction. In a game like PUBG or Fortnite, the ability to tell exactly where a sound is coming from. Most gaming headsets don’t have a soundstage at all and simply give you sounds in your left or right ear depending on the direction of the sound. With a true open back headset, you can take away the guess work and actually feel like you are in the game.

Skip these and look at a true headset and not a gimmick. My biggest recommendation for gaming would be the Phillips SHP9500. The price on them has risen a little bit on Amazon but they’re about $60 and then you need to buy a mic for them for about $20-30. This will give you the highest quality sound you will find for console gaming while still being probably the most comfortable headset on earth. I sometimes forget I am even wearing them and I constantly wear a hat while using them at work.

I’ve used just about every popular headset for under $200 targeted at gamers. The SHP9500 are my favorite and the closest competition for it is over twice the price and doesn’t really offer any advantage for console gaming.

SHP9500 on Amazon - https://www.amazon.com/Philips-SHP9500S-Precision-Over-ear-Headphones/dp/B00ENMK1DW

High quality mic for SHP9500 on Amazon - https://www.amazon.com/V-MODA-BoomPro-Microphone-Gaming-Communication/dp/B00BJ17WKK/ref=pd_lpo_vtph_23_lp_t_3?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1&refRID=2NCDRVC9KCHZ70M195E3

I guarantee you this set up will dominate anything marketed on Amazon for PS4 or Xbox. These is no fake bass with these headsets. You simply get the natural sound from the game with no gimmicks.

If you REALLY want to be impressed with the headset, watch this video here. If your headset doesn’t give you chills while listening to this video, then you’re using the wrong headset. Virtual Barber Shop (Audio...use headphones, close ur eyes) - YouTube

Sometimes when I am gaming I swear people are in my house due to how the SHP9500 throws sound.

The only disadvtange to an open back headset is that people around you can hear the sound too. So, if that is a problem, then you’ll never truly have a good sound stage for FPS gaming.

Have you used these? I have a pair of older ones without a mic and I really like them.

I have not personally used these exact models BUT I’ve read the specs on them and they are similar to almost every headset in their price range targeted at gaming.

The best headset ever made for gaming is the Technica ATH-AD700X. These offer the greatest sound stage you will find in a sub $300 headset. The AD700X do not have detectable 3.5 jacks to allow for easy mic additions. Due to this, a lot of people go with the SHP9500 since it does have a detachable 3.5 allow for a good mic attachment for under $30. The Technica ATH-AD700X not having the detachable 3.5 means that you need a clip on mic and a splitter. A lot of people dislike that setup since it’s typically more expensive and leads to more wires. The best mic for the Technica ATH-AD700X would be the ModMic 5 which offers both uni and omni directional microphone usage with the flip of a switch. The mic itself is attached anywhere you choose by a powerful neodymium magnet.

SteelSeries has an absolutely terrible reputation. I assume Woot is selling these due to the number of returns they get because of how horrible their support is. I wouldn’t touch these with a 10 foot pole for free. If someone gave me this headset for free, it would be in the trash by the end of the day. Steel Series is also notorious for re-releasing the same headsets under new names as marketing gimmicks. A prime example of this is the fact that the P300, V3 and X300 are 100% the exact same headsets re-branded to try and sell them in multiple markets. Go to Amazon and search for the V3 and check out how bad the negative reviews are with quality control and customer service.

I cannot stress this enough, there is not a single headset sold under the guideline of being a “gaming headset” that isn’t completely destroyed by the SHP9500 and Technica ATH-AD700X. You will never ever ever ever ever find a gaming headset that gives a bigger advantage than the AD700X but the SHP9500 are a lot easier to set up since you can simply plug any 3.5mm microphone into it, where the AD700X requires the ModMic ($60)

Take my advice or don’t, but I guarantee you that you will never find an audiophile or gamer that won’t make fun of you for choosing these over the SHP9500 for gaming advantages. You will have absolutely no idea where the enemy is, if they’re above or below you or in front or behind you. All you will know is that they are on your left or right, nothing more nothing less. The open back headsets I listed will let you know EXACTLY where the enemy is as soon as the footsteps or guns or reloads are within range. I play Fortnite with the SHP9500 and have a 25% win rate for 1st place on xbox.

People who buy headsets like this one think headsets like Astro A50s are top tier where actual PCMASTERRACE players know they’re a joke at best.

I have the same question basically. Can I use this on an XBOX ONE?

Yes, it will work on the xbox one if you have the 3.5 adapter or the latest updated controller with the 3.5 jack built in. When these gimmicks came out in 2013, the xbox one did not have 3.5 on the original console.

Steel Series loves re-releasing old content under new names to help push sales. It works, clearly.

You’re starting to sound like you work for Philips. :tongue:

I’ll go with you being an audiophile though.

However, you’re comparing $75 headphones + a $30 MIC adapter to a complete setup here for just over $30 ($70 on Amazon). And Amazon ratings average 4 stars.

This may be a very good headset for many people given the price.

I definitely appreciate your opinions and you taking the time to answer questions.

Okay I would like to throw out my 2 pennies. I have an xbox (actually 2) for my son and I. I was given a nice headset from a friend who is PCMR and had a spare. I needed another one since my son and I both game at the same time. I got a cheaper $30 pair (not this one) from amazon and use it for PUBG and fortnite mainly. While I prefer the headset my buddy gave me I also don’t mind the cheaper one. Here is my short list of complaints about a cheap headset
-Heavy(ish)
-Made of cheap plasic
-Tight on my head due to the cheap parts
-Overly padded on my ears making my ears hot

With all that being said I still use this headset almost everyday and I have got a few chicken dinners with it. While the sound is very left/right I also find my buddies headset has the same effect. While knowing where an enemy is hiding is important if you suck at shooting and strategy your going to lose anyways.

TLDR: I’m sure a more expensive headset will sound and feel better but for a casual gamer this headset is better then no headset

I do not work in sales or for Phillips. I am an audiophile, not that you’d need to be to know that gaming headsets are a gimmick. Gaming requires a soundstage, these don’t have a sound stage. The best sound stage is offered via open back headphones. The point in buying headphones over a headset are headphones are created to deliver high quality audio where these gaming headsets are designed to be as cheap as possible while looking not cheap. This headset offers nothing over a $20 headset offered all over Amazon.

You’re welcome for helping out, it’s clear someone needs to considering the only technical specs Woot listed at all for this headset is the fact that it has a 3.5mm jack.

You don’t list the channels, you don’t list the driver size, you don’t list the frequency response hz, you don’t list the weight, you don’t list anything. In your defense, neither does Amazon or SteelSeries. Why would such an amazing deal be afraid to list it’s technical specs rather than gimmicky things like “most comfortable headset ever” or “preferred 3 to 1 by a contest we ran for ourselves”.

Never trust a technical product that doesn’t list any of the technical details anywhere on their sales on Amazon, woot or even on their own company website. SteelSeries should be avoided at all cost. If you wanna spend $35 on a headset, go buy a cheap $20 headset off Amazon as it won’t give you any superior sound quality of any bit here, also SteelSeries has a long reputation of being horrible to their customers. Don’t give them your money before doing your research.

SHP9500 is consumer priced open back headphone. Less than a few months ago they were $50 on Amazon when I purchased mine less than a year ago. Amazon has drove their price up 50% in the last few months. You can find them on ebay and on newegg for less than Amazon. I am sure Amazon will lower their price again in the future as they’ve charged as much as $140 for them in the past based on CamelCamelCamel. $37 and $50 aren’t very different prices. Throwing the mic on there can be done for less than $5 an still have better sound quality than this headset. The $30 mic I linked is a high end mic and will provide one of the highest possible VOIP quality on console or PC. To get better quality than that, you’d need to spend double what you are on the headset.

Sub $100 for top tier sound quality for console gaming is cheap and the route most people will tell you to go. Go on Reddit and search the audiophile and headset groups for recommendations for gaming and everyone will point you in the same direction my posts did. This is because facts and stats don’t lie, but gimmicky claims in the woot sales ad do.

On the subject of value or deals, this P300 headset was $39.99 on Amazon before. Also the V3 headset is indentical in specs to this headset and also from SteelSeries and Amazon used to sell it for $30. This simply isn’t a deal, it’s just what Amazon should be selling it for because it’s simply a $30 headset with a ridiculous MSRP.

I’m not looking for top tier mics or headphones. We have several sets of good headphones, but have found that the built-in mics on most headphones won’t work with the PS4 (we’ve tried both Bose and Beats along with others). So, what I want is a system that works well with the PS4 and let the gamers in my family chat with their friends, while offering reasonable sound quality in the process. This is what I want to know about these specific headphones - has anyone used them with their PS4 and did they work well for carrying on conversations?

The discussion about the best headphones doesn’t really help in my purchasing decision.

https://www.amazon.com/Tascam-TH-02-Closed-Studio-Headphones/dp/B00B1N06PO

Great sound quality but closed back they’re $21 (originally $17) on amazon. Throw on a cheap mic such as this and you’ll have the undisputed champion of sub $30 headsets with very good capability to do what you’re asking for and more.

https://www.amazon.com/Tascam-TH-02-Closed-Studio-Headphones/dp/B00B1N06PO <- can’t find a cheaper mic than this and it’ll sound just like the omni-directional mic on this headset being sold here.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7fzsCu9G9jc <- Example video and good details on the headphones I listed above to show the sound quality.

A few years ago this setup would have cost you $24 on Amazon and is still a better headset lol.

Looks like you lost the URL for the mic. Would you mind please reposting it?

I’m a bit new to PC gaming, but to get full sound stage and sound-aided situational awareness benefits, assuming my sound card or system supports multi-channel 5.1 / 7.1 sound, do I need other hardware? Or does my card mix that multi-channel sound from a game into a useful stereo mix, which then I can plugin a 3.5mm headset like the Phillips One you mentioned with good sound stage into my headphone stereo jack and I’m good to go. (plus add a microphone)

vs. some higher end “gaming headsets” come with their own USB sound card dongle, e.g. something like the (albeit high-end) Sennheiser PC 373D.

Are these made in Siberia?

THE BIGGER ISSUE IS THESE JUST SOLD ON AMAZON FOR THE SAME PRICE WITH A COUPON! NOW THEY TOOK THEM DOWN AND ARE SELLING THEM ON HERE AS A “GOOD DEAL” I THINK THAT IS DIRTY AND DECEPTIVE. GOOGLE IT AND THE COUPON CODE STILL COMES UP IF YOU DO NOT BELIEVE ME!

THOUGHTS?!!!

I’m going with conspiracy theory.

Here it is on Slick Deals.

You can see that it’s sold by a 3rd party on Amazon, not BY Amazon. Coupon deals like that usually only last a day.

Neither Woot nor Amazon has any control over 3rd party pricing or promotions.