Stein Family Wines Just Joshin Tempranillo - 4 Pack

Stein Family Wines Just Joshin Tempranillo - 4 Pack

Price: $47.99 + $7.00 shipping
CONDITION: Red
PRODUCT: 4 Just Joshin 2007 Sierra Foothills Tempranillo
CT Link above

Winery Website

(Sole Triple Exalted High Tastemaster Supreme Cesare had to run out for a bit)

The Stein Family seems to be popular this wine.woot off.

Normally $15/bot or 4 for $60, so not a great deal at 4 for $55 but considering that it’s including shipping it’s still a deal, just not a steal.

In order to call this a Tempranillo doesn’t the wine have to be 85% or more Tempranillo?

http://steinfamilywines.com/justjoshin_tempranillo.aspx

There is the page for this specific wine, they seem to be selling it at $15 a bottle.

IIRC, the minimum in the US is 75% to be called that varietal legally. Common is 85%, but not required.

Edit: Except in some parts of Oregon, where it’s 95%

Looking forward to getting these Tempranillo’s. Although the lovely Mrs. prefers merlots and cabs, I think these wines might be perfect for guests and small invitational dinners. Most of our guests have often said they prefer wine that’s “a little sweeter.”

Thanks,

-JM

Gotta love standards!

Hi folks,

75% is varietal, 85% location, 95% vintage.

If you like softer reds, this is for you.
If you like higher acidity for better food matches, this is for you.
If you like a heady bouquet and long finish, this is for you.

Most importantly, to me :), if you like your wine with a clean conscience, this is for you.

Fun but fair–enjoy!
J

SIWBM, but the bottle design is really…cool.

Who, if I may ask, was the artist…good story?

Me, and thank you very much! Some of the labels are mine, some my daughter’s.

As I often say in the tasting room, what’s the point of being a winemaker if you can’t make fun of yourself on your labels? Thenew Vaquero is really neat, too :wink:

We’re purists up here.

Loving the idea of blending the temp with grenache. In for one. Thanks, Josh.

No, thank you! It’s a good combination, for sure. I first tried this as a 50/50 blend, but the Grenache was so perfume-y that I had to keep pulling the blend back until we hit the optimal mix. I know, 19% sounds totally random, but it’s a sweet spot that was far better than 80/20, 82/18, etc. Enjoy!

My legitimate wine cellar is full; my overflow refrigerator is full; I have a couple random boxes under the house…

What the heck, I’m in for one. :slight_smile:

I received my shipment last week.
I opened a bottle the first evening and it is pretty much undrinkable.

Very sour and raisin-y.

I am in NYS, I am wondering if it’s possible this is because of the shipping?
Should I have waited?
Will the other bottles taste better if I wait?

Lots of mixed reactions with the bottles I received. I’ve found them definately on the sour side, but drinkable and not bad after some time to open up.

One coworker bought a couple bottles and loved them. Another one took a bottle of mine and “took one sip and dumped the rest”. I was pretty bummed she dumped the whole bottle–I think it’s drinkable and OK, but maybe did get buggered in shipping.