Sterilite 36Pc Ultra-Seal Food Storage Set

I have a set of these and haven’t had any problems with staining.

It is best to take the seal off before putting them in the dishwasher. If water/food gets under the seal it can start to grow funny stuff. I keep a bent paperclip on the windowsill just for that purpose and put the seal in the dishwasher with everything else on the top rack. The synesthetic material they use doesn’t seem to dry out and the whole thing can be held upside down without any leaks…

I haven’t had issues with tomatoes, but I have had one container stain when I was heating up a soup with a higher fat content. I now use my Pyrex containers when bring that kind of stuff into the office…

Per the Features tab, these do nest.

Here’s the Sterilite has to say about use and care:

USE AND CARE

Microwave
• Open vent and unlock latches before heating in microwave.
• For use in microwave only. Not intended for ovens, stovetops or other browning elements.
• To prevent staining, avoid overheating foods that are high in oil, fat, sugar, or tomato content in container.

Washing
• Before use, wash by hand or wash in top rack of dishwasher.
• Color seal can be removed for cleaning. Hand wash seal and let dry completely before returning to lid.
• To prevent scratching, avoid a brasive cleaners or scrub pads when cleaning

Too much work. (Seals) And we don’t microwave stuff in plastic storage containers - no matter what they say.

If they nest, why not just put a photo up with the rest of them to show us how efficiently they nest? Do they barely fit an inch in, or go almost all the way down? Those of us tight on space need to know these things.

Just purchased these to replace our current set of Chinese take out/food storage containers

Well that was a snarky answer. Yes, we’re all special. They asked in a light hearted manner, and you r answer was smart assed and mean. People are assholes enough in the outside world - probably a reason a lot of us shop online - we don’t need it here, too. You should apologize, for the sake of good business practice alone.

Now that is a helpful hint! I hadn’t heard that before, and will pass it on. Thanks!

Your .sig gif is evil. I love it.

Fun question. Plastic dishes stain with tomato based products because of the heat.
Step 1. Dump your leftover spaghetti into your plastic bowls only after it has cooled
Step 2. The next day at noon, dump the cold spaghetti onto your glass plate and pop it in the microwave. NEVER reheat in the plastic dish - it can release carcinogens into your food and give you ass cancer, but worse, it will stain your plastic dish red.
Step 3. Run COLD water and soap into your plastic dish and wash it out, then if you choose, either wash it in hot water or toss it in the dishwasher.

tl;dr Hot + red = stained dish

Good answer. The only stain-proof ones I’ve seen are the Rubbermaid stain-proof, and they quickly became brittle and broke, without handling them roughly. But at least they were nice and clear when I threw them out after only a few months!

P.S. If you really want the very best, regardless, we got the Lock & Lock Borosilicate class containers a few years ago, and they’re awesome! They don’t nest, and don’t put the tops in the microwave, but you can take them out of the freezer and stick it right in the oven or microwave. They’re even pretty lightweight, and pretty enough to serve on the table. Just don’t scratch them, and they’ll probably last forever.

I have the secret to free shipping on woot, Normally when you buy one thing you pay $5 shipping… Now hears the trick! All you do is order your first item and pay the $5 shipping on that, Than EVERYTHING YOU AD ON TO THAT ORDER SHIPS FOR FREAKING FREE!!! BOOM! FREE SHIPPING!! I know, I know, it may not me right to take advantage of this loop hole but screw them!

If you don’t like taking advantage of woot like that, you know because I’m assuming you have strong religious beliefs because your asking for a hand out, you can always just buy from a site who jacks up there prices 20% on every item than offers free shipping! That way you feel worm and fuzzy for getting something for nothing! Even though you end up paying more!

Boy, mean and snark is the word of the day. How about BOOM! Just go get Amazon Prime, then you get free shipping in 2 days, plus a movie streaming service price comparable to Netflix, free books, and more. I’ve been getting t-shirts here for years, but if the people are going to be this crappy as well as the admin, it just might be time to go to a more positive place.