$59.99 $108.00 44% off List Price
2008 Emblem Cabernet Sauvignon, Napa Valley

Clif Climber Limited Release Red Blend 3-Pack
$59.99 $106.00 43% off List Price
2010 Clif Climber Limited Release, Red Wine Blend

Ty Caton enTycement 3-Pack
$54.99 $94.00 42% off List Price
2012 Ty Caton enTycement , Red Wine, Sonoma County

Would really like a first hand opinion on the Ty Caton wine here. Sounds Prisoner like in it’s blend.

I ordered some in April and really enjoyed it. Funny you mention Prisoner, because that is exactly what it reminded me of… Though my wine-snob father thought it was a bit of a stretch. At half the price i dont think youll be dissapointed.

I’m not a sophisticated enough wine drinker to roll out any tasting notes, but FWIW, I bought more Ty and more Aquinas today because I enjoyed both from previous offerings.

Aquinas was the other I was interested in. Thanks a lot.

You should pick up a Prisoner and give your father a blind taste test… I’ve found I’m not quite as good as I think in identifying things.

In for the Aquinas and the Ty. Both sound
like they’ll be excellent.
The Prisoner is good, but it has become so
expensive. A nicely aged Bogle Phantom
is pretty good too.

I agree that The Prisoner has possibly passed it`s price point. I still like a bottle now and then. What I’ve replaced it with in the regular rotation is Two Left Feet from Molleydooker. Lively wine with a thick mouthfeel, big fruit, and creamy texture. It has also gone up in price but can still be found for $25 or less.

SWMBO loves the Mollydooker, and
I have a bottle of Two Left Feet…yeah,
right there on the “display rack”.
I’ll have to pop that…oh, Australian,
probably a screw-top.
Thanks for the suggestion.
My go-to Rich Mouth-Feely wine is Earthquake Zin.

The Emblem is an enjoyable, if somewhat simple, cab. It’s a great daily drinker and a pretty solid QPR.

The Climber is good, but lacks a lot of the complexity of the previous offering Cabernets.