Stinger Repellent Lantern, 4-pack

Stinger Repellent Lantern, 4-pack

Got a Stinger brand bug Zapper for Father’s Day. Finally turned it on Monday night. It lasted for 3 hours and the bulb burnt out. Called Stinger Customer Service. They offered to sell me a new bulb for $27. Told them $9 an hour for a bulb was too expensive. Threw it in trash.
Buyer Beware!

3 Likes

That’s great … thank you for letting the world know. I was just about to add it to my cart.

I would like to know what the “All Natural active ingredient” is. I mean, lions are “All Natural”, but I’m not getting in a cage with one.

1 Like

mosquitoes are so bad here this year if a lion kept them away i might consider it.

1 Like

Just ordered these exact same lanterns on Amazon this morning for $12.99 with free one day shipping. I recommend checking on Amazon first as this is not a deal and over double the price.

1 Like

So, it doesn’t really light up much, except for atmosphere. The main action is a fan blowing out repellent. The repellent pad is single use (up to 12 hours), and you get ONE! Then you need another one the next day. Refills are around $6 each, if you can buy them, which you can’t. Amazon doesn’t even seem to sell them. Out of stock at Wal-Mart.

It’s sort of like an ink-jet printer, if ink-jet cartridges were really hard to find.

1 Like

Uhm, that price is for a single. We’re selling a 4-pack.

Could you show your math?

3 Likes

1 Like

Sick 'em!

Does anyone know if the 12 hours is sequential or could I use it for 1 hr a day for 12 days? Normally these types of things are sequential, once you open the package then the timer starts. I can’t find any reviews or documents that confirms this.

I’m guessing that it’s 12 hours once opened as it’s done through a Repellent Pad. There’s no way to turn off the pad.

Glad I read the comments. Looked like maybe a good deal initially. But given the customer service issue and the fact that you can’t get cheap refills makes this a pass. I will stick with my trusty tiki torches.