Stingrey Polarized Sunglasses

Hi I work for the company, the front of the glasses measures 6.5

Hi I work for the company, these glasses are specially designed to protect from perspiration with a slotted nose piece. They are fairly dark but not mirrored

NOT POLARIZED!!! I did the standard test that works for everything else I own that is polarized… I rotated a LCD watch 360° to see if the numbers would disappear at some point, or at least have the face darkened enough to make the numbers more difficult to read. There were ZERO changes in the LCD legibility. I then ran the same test using my LCD graphing calculator, and had the same results. These sunglasses are NOT polarized. Had I known this ahead of time, I NEVER would have bought them, as I specifically wanted POLARIZED sunglasses. I WANT MY MONEY BACK AND I DON’T WANT TO PAY THE SHIPPING EITHER!!!

Please send your order details and situation to support@woot.com; CS can review your available options.

I have big head too

There is a warning on my sunglasses package that “The following product contains a chemical known to the state of California to cause cancer and birth defects or other reproductive harm.” And that scares me!!

I purchased two pair, and one pair was polarized (the half frame car-paint blue with the smoked lens) while the other pair was not (half frame purple/white with mirrored lens). The polarized pair also had a sticker on the lens that said Polarized Lens, while the non-polarized pair has a sticker that reads Polycarbonate Lens.

One easy and surefire way to tell if a pair of sunglasses is polarized is to put on a pair of sunglasses that you know are polarized, then hold up the unknown pair and look through the lens while rotating them 90 degrees. If the unknown pair are polarized, then the lens should turn almost completely opaque at the 90 degree point (depending upon how well polarized they are).

I’ll be contacting customer support to see about exchanging the non-polarized pair, as I, too, only buy polarized sun glasses.

FWIW, the polarized pair fit very comfortably, and I have a large head. And even though they are very light weight, they look better constructed than the Horisun polarized sunglasses that I had purchased before on Woot.

Edit: after wearing the polarized pair around yesterday, the fit isn’t quite as perfect as I’d like. I have a rather shallow bridge on my nose (like many Asians), and the nose piece on this design is behind the lens, in line with the bottom of the lens, and somewhat widely spaced. These sunglasses, therefore, sit a little bit lower on my nose, allowing more sunlight to come in through the top, causing reflective problems inside the lens. This isn’t a problem when I’m driving or if I’m wearing a hat, so I’ll probably just keep this pair in my car and not take it out on the golf course. The Horisuns are a much better fit (the nose pieces are narrower), although the construction doesn’t seem to be as sturdy as the Stingreys.

Hey TROY1966, since you “work for the company” – you got some ‘splainin’ to do! I’m taking sides with TazoWolf and RonGee on this, these are NOT polarized sunglasses! (and please don’t quibble around some distinction between polarized vs polarizing)

I only seem to have gotten 1 of the 2 pair that I ordered… and Though the web page says that they are polarized, the lenses themselves are DEFINITELY NOT.
I put a pair of Oakley Half Jacket 2.0’s in one hand and the Stingrey’s above them and turned. If both glasses are polarized you can actually block out ALL light at at least one angle of rotation.
Didn’t work.
Gotta admit, I’m disappointed, but not surprised for $13.99.
I would still like to know where the other pair of shades are though.

Sorry to hear that your order was possibly shorted.

If you haven’t already we recommend that you write into support@woot.com and let them know. They should be able to answer any questions or concerns you have about your order.

I ordered polarized and what I received is totally not polarized. Fake. False advertisement.

Sorry to hear that you possibly received the wrong model/version of your order.

Please email into support@woot.com and let them know.
They should be able to answer any questions you have and help find a resolve.

Got a full refund today, which was deposited directly to my PayPal account, so everything is good. Plus, I didn’t have to return the glasses. I had offered to send my non-polarized glasses in to exchange for a polarized pair, but was informed that there were no other polarized pairs available. I wonder if the merchant ran out of polarized glasses & just started sending out the non-polarized ones, hoping no one, or very few people, would complain.

I for one am not surprised that they are not polarized. True polarized lenses for less than $50 is pretty unlikely, in my experience. That’s OK, I did not expect it.

That said, the shades are very nice and fit extremely well. I just wish I could find some more since I did not apparently order the color I thought I did. I want some of the half-lens mirror blue/black but am unable to find ANY reference to these things outside of Woot.

Is the guy that “works for the company” still around? I would like a source please!

Mine also are not polarized…

For my refund, I’m told I have to send this junk back. Which is cool, because I’d rather not have them. My streak of purchasing quality, aptly described products at woot! has ended, however. And my confidence in large yellow buttons has never been lower.

I came back for any future wooters who may view this thread to ascertain the quality of these glasses or this company. I received a free pair of polarized glasses and a letter describing the mix-up today.
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B6GxyY-D36r-VXdLdjZQdTcwOTAwSzBMYTU2aUpfYjlZV2V3/edit?usp=sharing

I had ordered two pair for teenage son. I didn’t notice and he didn’t care that they were not polarized. Yesterday they sent two new replacement ones with a nice letter. Thanks!!

I received the same and was very pleasantly surprised. I had just accepted that I had a non-polarized pair of glasses, and was fine with that. The glasses were much more comfortable than the pair I had, so I was pretty happy with them. When I received the ‘free’ pair, I was very happy.

Thanks Woot!

Sooo, have the descriptions been updated regarding which ones actually ship as polarized and which ones do not?

Does anyone know how to get a hold of Stingrey? My glasses broke and I need to get them replaced. Searching Google and Bing yields no results for their contact info and Woot basically told me I’m on my own. It is really disheartening to see that Woot would take that stance. So my fellow wooters please help.