Stocking Stuffers for BigFoot

You’ve got yours listed as 750ml on CT. Just sayin’ :wink:

Fixed… Thanks

YW. I’m anal about that kind of stuff but I’m sure mine’s not perfect either. I have spotted mistakes in my listings that were months old a few times.

It’s so tempting to grab a 2007 3L and hide it away for a decade or so. We did have the 07 at the RPM tour dinner, didn’t we, or was that the 08?

Also, aloha from Kauai Scott! I hope you are enjoying your vacation as much as I’m enjoying mine.

Hey there! It’s Monica (Scott and Jana’s Wine Club manager). Give me a call at (209) 625-6654, and we’ll figure something out for VA.

Did you get my message? I’m going to make it right!

No worries, it comes in a very secure packing container perfect to store in a cool, dark place (think cool, dark closet). The only fridge I could think of that it might fit would be a meat locker…and that’s probably too cold.

Where might we be shipping this? Give me a call and I’ll see what we can do. PS - It’s Monica (wine club manager) 209-625-6654

It was definitely the 07 and I was sold on a normal mag at $125 then. I recommend this to anyone who can swing it. The Tom eddy is damn good too.

Thanks, I am trying to figure out if I can squeeze it into my already stretched wine budget. Meanwhile, it looks like some smart person went in for 3. I doubt there can be that many left.

Hey Monica,
Well I went in for 1. Probably the most stupid wine purchase I have ever made given I’m single and I don’t think I even know enough people that I would care to break bread with to drink this whole thing. So maybe this will give me the stimulus I need to get back into the world of dating. Then again, I’m only 12 years away from my 50th birthday (damn I’m getting old fast…)

I can now get a good nights sleep knowing that I have at least one bottle from every Cathedral vintage :wink:

Goodnight,
Marc

I finally made it to the Sutter Creek tasting room - I snagged the last 3 of the '03s they had - hehe. Sorry about that.

Scott’s whole team is great - had a great time there. Props to Monica too - superb customer service.

Oh - and in for one. Was kicking myself for missing the BF deal but all is now good in the world.

When I finally make it to the west coast again, I have only 4 MUST visit items on my list: 1) Family in LA; 2) Family in Santa Cruz; 3) Clam chowder in bread bowl: San Francisco pier 39; 4) Scott Harvey’s to meet Scott, Jana, Monica & Carla.

This is the 2nd or 3rd time they had the Bighorn up here? Anyone bite on one of those offers? Would love some insight into the wine. Haven’t heard or seen Bighorn cab or chard in almost 10 years, been a while.

I second and third the recommendation on the Tom Eddy. I got a 1/2 case when it was offered last year on WTSO. Drank 2 alreadu, but they could use another year or two in the bottle. Tom makes good juice, more complex and restrained than the modern style, but very good nonetheless. That damn Jana Cathedral is so tempting too, but I couldn’t use all that wine in anyone one sitting. Damn shame, good wine too!

I’m seriously debating the Jana Cathedral, even considering that two of the three bottles of the 05 that I’ve had were just completely awful. But that first one was one of the best bottles of wine I ever had (still have one in the basement), good enough that at this price for a 3L, it’s hard not to take the gamble…

EDIT: couldn’t resist, in for one

Last Wooter to Woot:
North316

Jeeze, just what I don’t need with two of the mags already, but can’t resist this Last Wooter to Woot: rjquillin

Congrats! :slight_smile:

Being a three liter bottle, I think you will be okay with 2033 or 2036. The pH is low enough for the wine to age a long time. Should be a twenty five to thirty year wine.

Wasn’t the 2008. it was the 2007 we had at the RPM tour.