Storm Sentinel Emergency Survival Kit

Cell phone chargers are for older model phones. If you are clever you can file down one of the chargers so fit your phone. Also, phone charger takes FOREVER to crank enough power to charge the phone. It’ll be good for workouts!

I purchased one of these the last time it was on woot.com. A nice kit. Will charge the Razor as well as several other cell phones. The flashlight is good, and completely battery-less. The whistle and compass is exactly that, a whistle with a small compass on it. And the radio was, for me, disappointing. Although it is a hand crank radio with 3 bands, (AM, FM, and Shortwave), I believe that it could go without the shortwave. Instead, weather band would have been a better choice. However, for about $25, you can have a nice kit. It is a good thing to have in a “bad weather situation”. Would I recommend someone get this? Yes.

Looks like a portable hair dryer

The description says “Listen to amateur radio with the shortwave tuner.” Utter and complete BS.

Amateur radio in the HF region uses SSB or morse code. That radio is completely incapable of deciphering that type of transmission, as it does not have a BFO (beat frequency oscillator). Details here: Beat frequency oscillator - Wikipedia

Radios with BFOs installed are generally expensive, and never under $100.

Never any love for the blackjack 2 (or even samsung here…). No love for IPhones either…

Got one, figured I might as well have something in the car as a “just in case”. If the stuff works, then it works. I don’t think anyone is expecting it to make you breakfast and give you a foot massage.

Someone buy it and sell me the box

Bought one last time… Husband wanted more… So in for three! Never know when we are going to evacuate again???

I just got mine and I have two problems with it.
The Nextel attachment has one broken tip.
The Radio volume control had two settings, off and full volume.
The volume is at full no matter where you turn the control.

Other then that and how to get this fixed, Woot or vendor? I like the set,
Covers most needs for a short Survival.

My first Woot purchase and this is the biggest piece of crap, ever! The radio volume control doesn’t work, doesn’t tune any stations and doesn’t hold a charge. The phone charger seems to work, until you actually try to charge a phone, and the flashlight only holds a charge for about 30 seconds.

I’m not even sure it’s worth it to send this back.

Fooled me once Woot, never again!!!

Got one and opened it up. Everything looks cool. I got it because the son wanted that thermometer/compass/whistle. $20 for a whistle/compass I could buy for $4 at Wally World. At least the radio and light appear to work as advertised. It will probably end up collecting dust right next to the wowee velociraptor robot.