Striiv Smart Pedometer/Tracker

I was going to buy two, but after reading the snarky comments from the “head of customer service”, I have changed my mind. I am sure that your testing is accurate, but you shouldn’t respond to customers like this in a public forum.

Point taken, and I apologize for the additional snark.

That being said, the Smart is pretty much a tank, and takes considerable effort to hurt. Also, while I might run the customer service department, and am, in theory, used to comments about me personally from people who have no beef with me, but need to vent, sometimes they still get under your skin. Case in point. Once again - apologies for the unnecessary snark.

I will say that we employ a lot of snark here at Woot too. We try to not let that undermine our level of service, I’m endeared by our Striiv rep here since he’s making it a point to actually sound like a human being. I’m sorry you took any offense to it.

Thank you, Naurugger! I was wondering if it was just me. That being said, this is still a fairly good product at a good price. Perhaps one of the best things in life is that there can be forgiveness and people can change their behavior and feelings. I recommend you purchase one of these and evaluate it on its own merits. Not a big loss if the customer service is not the best, and it looks like he is trying.

ThANK YoU HUMan F0r ACC3PT1Ng ME as ONe of YOUR own. I m3AN OF CouRse I AM hUmAN, L1ke All OF YOU. Def1nit3Ly NOT SERVICEBOT verSi0n 1.008

I FEEL SO CONFLICTED

I got the model number from what may be your overlord, friend. It is: STRV01-001-0D

Drop us a line at the customercare@striiv.com address (or respond in your old ticket) and my giant head and i will send you a Smart care package, then cry ourselves to sleep on our huge pillow.
[youtube=IqycJpRdVaY][/youtube]

How do these calculate distance? Will I be able to see how many miles I have walked or run? Or is it just steps? And if it is miles, how accurate is that measurement? Is is based off of steps, or does actually use a GPS or similar to know hoe far I’ve traveled?

It’s based on steps x stride length (which you can set) - there isn’t a GPS in the unit (nor bluetooth or wifi, which is this case is actually good, since we had a surprising number of people say “Hey - I want to wear this at work, but i can’t bring any connected devices into my job - can I use this?”)

You’ll see how many steps you’ve taken, but not a breakdown between running and walking steps.

But the stairs are calculated differently? They are estimated when I walk hilly ground, but not if I use an elevator or ride in an airplane. How does this work, Mike?

If I am correct (and I’ll have to check with Engineering, but I’m pretty sure this is how it works) the stairs are calculated via altimeter sensing the air pressure changes, and saying something like “10 feet of elevation change = 1 flight of stairs”

I’m going to assume (BIG ASSUME HERE) that we’ve got some math baked in that says “if elevation change is faster than X, disregard it”, since that’s pretty much what we do in order to keep “steps” from counting when you type/clap/fidget.

I bought this in a previous Woot and really liked it. Unfortunately, it did not like my washing machine. Seeing my progress on the challenges and being able to donate water just by walking was a great motivator. I just have to teach my new Striiv to hold its breath in case I accidentally throw it in the wash again.

i bought 2 last July - both are not working anymore.

do not buy this product