Stuff that's $100... OR MORE!

This is the sort of collection that begs for reviews - and spending that holiday money you received! Thread’s ready for either, of course.

Sorry this item at Costco for $169.00 right now!

Samsung GT-P3113-TS8A Galaxy Tab 2, 7.0", Android 4.0 (Ice Cream Sandwich), Wi-Fi, 8GB, 1Ghz Dual-Core Processor, Bluetooth 3.0, USB 2.0, Front Webcam, Rear 3MP, microSDHC

OMG! You STILL have HP TouchPads lying around? Amazing.

I picked up one of these refurb Philips 32s on Woot a while back (may have been a slightly different model?).

The picture is very nice, and will take composite for those legacy devices that are still kicking around.

No optical audio out though - only digital coax. I had to use a digital coax to optical converter since my receiver only takes the latter.

The internal speakers left a little to be desired, but I use it on a 5.1ch system anyway so it’s moot. If you don’t have one yet, grab this TV and the system on tech.woot today and you have the beginnings of a very nice home theater!

Get the Audyssey Dock…it’s THE SHIT!!!
Crisp sound, easy setup, compact unit. I was skeptical, but it really does fill the room with sound. I guess it’s almost the same concept as a subwoofer in that you can get the full effect of the sound no matter where you put it. My wife even likes it…she never gives me kudos for my electronic gadgets.

Just got the Audyssey dock about a week ago from Woot - I love it!! I had it synced to the Airplay on my iPhone and Mac Mini in no time. The sound is great (although a touch heavy on the bass for my usual taste - but I changed the placement of the speaker in the room, which helped). I thought I might miss not having a built in radio tuner, but I found the Tune-In app on my iPhone carries my favorite radio stations, so that solved that issue. The only things I don’t care for are there is no on/off switch, and the unit puts out a bit of heat even when not in use. Otherwise, great purchase!

Anyone know how far one can control the remote control chopper from? I live on the 19th floor of a building in a big city. Will I lose control of this thing if I try to land it on the 4 story building across the street or the park 18 floors down?

Not sure on the range (though, I don’t think it would give you what you’d want), but, you can check out the manuals (the copter’s manual is about 63MB)

Flying any helicopter on anything other than the ground sounds like a terrible idea. Just open your window and toss a $100 bill into the wind.

More info about the helicopter than you could possibly want… :slight_smile:

the samsung tablet does not have 3g, right?

no it doesn’t, the tab 2 7" is meant to be a budget tablet.

This model was on sale in Canada last week in all the big box retailers brand new for $150cad… i’m guessing it was a manufacturer sale, not sure why though.

I’ve got to start getting up early – I want both the tv and the touchpad. Rats.

Does anyone have an opinion on the HK Receiver? I am looking to redo my upstairs living-area “home theater”, because I have spent the last 5 years building the ultimate basement Home Theater/Recording Office and neglected the A/V everywhere else to an extent. Well, I have a very nice TV, but two small Infinity bookshelf speakers just don’t cut it! We want surround sound that is “good”, it doesn’t have to be “great” as that’s what I use the basement for.

I haven’t used H/K stuff in many years, aside from the audio systems that came with my Bimmers (although my 328Ci, M3, and 750i Sport have all had the audio changed; Focal Utopia components in the 328Ci!), and while they were definitely better than 98% of car audio systems, they were still, well, factory car audio.
I think the one piece of home audio equipment I have from HK is the AM/FM Tuner with 2x80W Stereo output and a mix of Tube and Solid-State amplifiers, from 1977(?), that still works fantastically well.

Unfortunately, things aren’t built like they used to be, so I would like to know what, if any, problems people have had with this unit in real-world use?

Thank!

Is this HK receiver updated with firmware to support HDMI 1.4 ??

I know a firmware was released a while back but not sure if these are being shipped with the updated version. How could one find out?

This BenQ projector is the best deal ever but I already have 3 projectors that I don’t use.

Thanks for the headsup. I went to Costco to get one and returned right away with the old receipt. Save me $20 from their last week sale! Sweet!

I bought one new 3 years ago for about $1500 and couldn’t be happier with it. It is extremely well built, has that classic HK sound, and has given me zero issues. It can get rather warm (almost hot) if you put it inside a closed cabinet so if you do that, make sure the cabinet is well-ventilated with a fan so that the heat can be properly dissipated. The only other downside is that there are only 4 HDMI ports so if you need more than that, you should consider a different model or get a HDMI hub. As I do not have a 3D tv, I haven’t applied the HDMI v1.4 update. I do run all my video through it though (as straight pass through, video processor/upscaler turned off) to a 60" Pioneer Kuro tv and everything looks great. As long as you don’t mind buying refurbished, I wouldn’t hesitate to pull the trigger.