Suggestion for Woot...Shipping Special Woot-Off

I have a suggestion for Woot. I would love an email to be able to send in my suggestion, but I either missed it or they do not have one.

OK, on with my suggestion:

My Dearest WOOT! How about having a Woot-off special where it is $5 shipping for ANY 3 items you purchase on the same day. It could be a “Woot-Off Shipping Special”.

Anyone else think this is a good idea? Any other ideas or suggestions related to this, please reply? Will Woot read this?

Thanks for the suggestion. I’ll pass it on to those in charge. It would require some development time for us sooooooo don’t expect anything next month. But we always appreciate customer feedback.

If it helps TT, I pretty much stopped shopping the woot-off when the shipping unlock went away. Not that it was the only reason, but it was a bit of a contributing factor.

This is a really good idea. I would be much more inclined to buy sub fifty dollar items if you had some kind of shipping special on a woot-off.

I agree that there should be some kind of shipping deal AT LEAST during a woot-off!

“goodzilla” opines

"My Dearest WOOT! How about having a Woot-off special where it is $5 shipping for ANY 3 items you purchase on the same day. It could be a “Woot-Off Shipping Special”.

Anyone else think this is a good idea? Any other ideas or suggestions related to this, please reply?"

Great idea goodzilla (my auto correct wants badly to rename you to “Godzilla”)

A shipping discount of some kind would indeed inspire me to spend more / buy more during a “woot off.”

There is a site I patronize that offers a first item shipped for $2.99 & any additional purchase in that calendar day, gets discounted to $1.99 (sometimes even free shipping for the rest of the calendar day!)

Great idea again. Count my “yes” vote.

I know several people that would be more inclined to participate in woot offs if the shipping issue was addressed.

I’m with you, KtCallista. I look at the site less frequently since the unlock, and certainly buy fewer items. If you consider buying an item that costs, say, $12, adding the shipping charges to it increases the cost by about 40%. So to me, it has to be a good price on a high-end item to make it worthwhile.

TT (or No1), can you figure out how long we paid $5 per item and how long it was $5 per day? I know the $5 per item was from Woot’s startup and went for years.

the thighful one most assuredly could provide the definitive answer. all i know is there was a question about $5 all-day shipping on deals.woot on 28 oct 2012 and a blog post about the new shopping cart on 19 apr 2013

I actually stopped shopping the wootoffs because of the shipping cost change. Not that I do a lot of shopping anyway; living on a limited income will do that to a person. But I was much more ikely to buy when it was just $5 for the whole cart all day.

Same here - I don’t bother with Woot Offs anymore because of the stupid shipping change. The explanation that the new “cart” system eliminated the need for that is ridiculous. Clearly Woot doesn’t care. Its a shame.

Yeah I stopped shopping woot offs after the s/h changed from unlocked to cart!