Summerland Winery Red Sampler - 4 Pack

This is what I assume, as well. Secondary fermentation can often be resolved with an hour of decanting. I’m just trying to get some translucency here.

there’s a Barbera de Monferrante (sp?) that’s classified as “frizzante”. It’s not a sparkling wine but has the fizz…served slightly chilled…it’s an amazingly refreshing red wine for the summer

Maybe that’s what they’re going for?

My mistake! I meant Henry’s law. The law of solubility. CO2 which is a product of fermentation will stay in solution if the liquid is cool. If it warms up it will come out of solution. That is whey Champagne bottles explode if it gets too warm.

I made this Zin on the edge to try and break out from the rest. I have been getting equal positive feedback as well as negative. I think I might hold back on making a Zin that is so fragile and reacts to temperatures outside cool cellar conditions.

As a winemaker I love to hear all your feedback because in the end I have to make wine that pleases the pallate. Cheers, Etienne Terlinden

Yup! You got it. Try chilling it to 50F and then decanting it. Its a great summer BBQ wine.
Cheers,
Etienne Terlinden

I think all Lab Rats should receive a wine tasting wheel along with the wine they are supposed to taste. Too often I read a report from a Lab Rat that is full of commentary about a “nice” tasting wine which gives me absolutely no clue concerning the qualities of the wine that was tasted.

And for whatever it’s worth… It’s neither “pallet” nor “pallate.” It’s “palate”.

To all the Wooters,

Thanks for trying my wine, its been fun talking to you all. The great thing about this business is that it keeps you humble.
I hope you will all give my other wines a chance. Especially the Theresa-Noelle vineyard designate that will be making some great Pinot noir this year.
Cheers,
Etienne Terlinden
Winemaker, Summerland Winery

Since no one else has noted it, I will…

For high quality wine from a boutique winery, this Woot deal is being offered at a great price!

Three solid wines plus a fourth intriguing, slightly spritzy palate cleanser – which should be served slightly chilled and would be perfect for the end of summer barbeques coming up.

Thanks for the up lifting comments and the spell check :slight_smile:
I hope to see you in our tasting room in Summerland for a flight of wine on me.

Cheers,

Etienne

I didn’t purchase because I’m trying to stop my addiction.(Step one: avoid W.W. Step one: failed.) However, I appreciate your willingness to talk with us and take our myriad of opinions in stride. Cheers!

I’d say that “nice” means that they personally like what they are tasting, which to my mind is just as validating as some other subjective set of adjectives.

“I am sure,” cried Catherine, “I did not mean to say anything wrong; but it is a nice book, and why should I not call it so?” “Very true,” said Henry, “and this is a very nice day, and we are taking a very nice walk; and you are two very nice young ladies. Oh! It is a very nice word indeed! It does for everything.” [Jane Austen, “Northanger Abbey”]

Why not just use this site:

Gregory Sumner ~ Tech Blog on Security, Networking, Linux, Games, Wine, other geekery. ?

First thing I’ve ever ordered from Woot. Ordered on 9/6/11 – Just got an email today 9/22/11 that it’s shipping. Seriously? Slowest shipping company EVER and the “My account” section could use a redesign. Is a 2+ week shipping delay to expected on all orders? If so, I will not order again!

I’d like to actually post a review of the wine, but I still haven’t received it…

EDIT: Somebody from woot emailed me explaining what was up. Seems they’re on a shipping schedule for the summer. Still waiting for a couple more weeks…

This one seems a bit out of the norm in regards to shipping time. It looks like they may have done a combined shipping with their woot-off offering of Sept 14. My guess, and it is purely a guess, is the earlier available pickup dates and times from the shipping company did not work out for the winery.

After I inquired where my shipment was somebody sent me this.

During the summer, our wine shipments are strategic rather than timely because our winery has to compete with the heat. Your tracking information is valid and will update when FedEx gets the package in their hands. Please let us know in a week or so if it’s still showing no movement. Under normal circumstances, it can take 2-3 weeks for delivery, your wine can be slightly delayed in the summer.

Here’s a blog entry that explains our summer wine shipping: http://wine.woot.com/Blog/ViewEntry.aspx?Id=2548