Sun-Mate 7 LED Handheld Rechargeable Flashlight

I’m in for three.

I have one of these and I love it.
I paid way more then this for it.
This thing kicks serious ass.

Better jump on this one before it’s gone.

Besides, it’s hurricane season.

I could scare the bejeezes out of people with this thing. Just stop my motorcycle, point in the direction of oncoming traffic and wait for the frivolity!

$20 at amazon

http://www.amazon.com/Handheld-Rechargeable-Spotlight-Sun-Mate-Charger/dp/B001TEGD6G

Try duck taping three of them together.
They might have a religious experience.

I don’t know about this specific model, but my experience with 2 previous “winding rechargable” flashlights were that the charge doesnt hold on.

when they were new the charge would hold for a decent time. but as time went on it needed more frequent windups, and battery life soon drained out in a matter of minutes (this is like 3 years after i bought it)

the manufacture instructions say that the flashlight should be wound until full charge once a month (about 2 minutes) because its good for the battery, but honestly who does that?

Anyone know if the batteries are “user serviceable”? (can I put in large Miliamp/hour batteries?)

Ha! I can just picture all the people slamming their brakes on and checking their speedometers!!

How powerful is the light? I have one that’s similar, but as soon as you stop cranking, it dies, and I like to be lazy… so…

I have radio with ni-cads and a hand crank. If you don’t condition them carefully, (i.e. run them down completely and charge them completely each time,) they will be almost useless with very low capacity.

in for 3

If you’re serious about using rechargeable batteries you need a charger that can recondition them (see NewEgg) - hence my question on these things using standard-type batteries (e.g. AA)

Dude you just replace the batteries. It’s easy.

Will the oil wash off of these things easily in the hurricanes?

Take it to bed with you. Oh wrong mate, not too bright.

I’ve had a few of these wind up flashlights, they’re not worth the money. You spend a minute or two winding the thing and it’s great at first when it’s nice and bright but after a few seconds it’s barely bright enough to light up your watch.

I’ve had a few of these wind up flashlights, they’re not worth the money. You spend a minute or two winding the thing and it’s great at first when it’s nice and bright but after a few seconds it’s barely bright enough to light up your watch.

true

That sounds about as much fun as plugging the woot police lights into your car…until they catch you.

http://icanhascheezburger.files.wordpress.com/2010/05/funny-pictures-cat-needs-flashlight.jpg