Sun Wukong (The Monkey King)

Thanks for the votes! This first place will have an asterisk on it in my mind since it’s only first because Ramy had to resubmit. But I appreciate the print and look forward to getting my son in one of these for daycare asskickery.

And Shirtderbystats was off by only 2 votes… Well done SDS!

So, basically… transformers can be more than meets the eye, but they can’t do it in a woot shirt.

Congrats, tgentry! Love the shirt design! Getting one for myself and a friend who did a great retelling of the story of the Monkey King… in the style of a gangster movie. XD

Awesome work!

I am Chinese and I know what the Monkey King is, and I LOVE THIS! Monkey king is the like the superman in Chinese…

It’s been a while, but wasn’t he actually really mischievous? The monk always had to tighten the tiara thinger to control him…

Is there such thing as brown-green colour blindness? :wink:

Haha maybe it’s cuz I’m a chick. Enjoy it though! :slight_smile:

I was hoping this one would win.

Stayed up just to get first crack at it.

And so you did!

I bought this without hesitation. Thought I might’ve been the first sucker.

This shirt fulfills many of my t-shirt goals: 1)to have a blue on brown (red is a bonus) tee 2)cultural aspect 3)a monkey 4)even better, the monkey king!

I hope SDS will be off by 17 votes for Sunday’s shirt.

Congrats, tgentry. Not sure if I’ll pick one of these up, but the design is beautiful, and it makes a nice shirt – very wearable.

Drat, all the men’s designs are the same size as a 3xl??!? [no wonder ‘easy optimism’ seemed kinda big]

Maybe i should change my order to WXL… :frowning: I know this makes the most logistical sense for t-shirt printers, but meh. Is 13” x 16.43” pretty darn close to the entirety of the front of a men’s Small?

That’s bigger than my laptop. Or the one I missed out on yesterday.

So glad this came in first. Love it! Congrats Travis. Now I have to go and try and scrape up some coin and hit the coinstar. Here’s hopin’ for Drakxxx tomorrow!

Congrats on the print. It’s not for me, but my son loves it. Today is his birthday, so he gets one.

Many congrats. This is a great design. Definitely my one of my two favorites of the fog. :slight_smile:

I love this shirt, the design, the colors, :o.

dammit. i thought I fixed it before it could be quoted. :slight_smile:

UGH! Another ^%#$ing monkey. I hate monkeys. I’d have bought this even if it were a giraffe head. ANYTHING but a boffing monkey!

Great design, but yuck on the monkey.

Was holding off buying due to financial woes, but after just reading the story of the monkey king, I am totally compelled to buy it due to spiritual kickassery!

Oh btw, to make it look more fun, the stick the Monkey King is holding is supposed to be “brass”, not wood. In all the Chinese dramas that I’ve watched in the past, all the Monkey Kings carry a fancy brass stick like weapon.

I didn’t expect this to be first, but I’m glad it did.

I’m in for one.