Sunbeam 1500 Watt Garment Steamer

Solid reviews (4.1 out of 5.0) over at Amazon

Quite a bit of discussion in the Previous Sale

I purchased this from woot about eighteen months ago. The unopened box is still sitting the floor of my bedroom and kick myself every day for purchasing it: there’s simply no place to put it because my bathroom is too small. Think about where you would keep something that contains water before pushing the yellow button on this one.

Bought this awhile back for my girlfriend. She actually wanted a steamer for valentines day. The wand has built in clips for attachments but they were broken when it arrived. I contacted Sunbeam, they transferred me to another division that handles this product and they shipped me out a whole new wand and hose attachment quickly and without hassle. So, a bit of a hassle, but good customer service is always appreciated.

Thumbs up for this item!

I have mine in my bedroom. I have it setting in a nice tray in case of spills. Works fine.

Nice reviews (4.5 out of 5.0) over at The O

I will never iron again ! Love it !

Sorry two bee sew critikal, butt youse guys are really whey off base. Eye use mine without H2O and it werks perfektly and know danger of water damage. Come on peeps, let’s get with it - smarten up - think outside da box!! Ore if you knead liquid, try gasoline - no water spots too worry 'bout they’re as well!! Damn - due i have two tell/explain/iterate/etc. everything to y’all guise??!!

PM me, I’ll buy it off you.

You should open your mouth wider when you speak.

Very happy with the one I bought last time. Easy to assemble, sturdy, doesn’t spit water at my clothes. Works like a charm! This is a great price; compare to Amazon.

i love steamers. I’ve had 3 in the past 5 or 6 years and it never ceases to amaze me how these things are immune to price fluctuation. The first one i bought was $39.99. The second one i bought was $45 and the third was $42. They’ve all been the same quality and all purchased several years apart. I don’t need a new one yet but i have no doubt when i do, however far in the future, i’ll drop about $45 on it.

I purchased one of these from woot several months ago and it stopped working before I was even able to go through a single tank of water. Besides that, though, I don’t consider it a good product. It simply wasn’t designed well (and this is coming from a product design engineer). It is a headache to try and get your clothing hung and clipped, so you end up just tugging with your free hand, which inevitably gets burned by the steam. Would not recommend.

Yes! Bought it. Hope it lives up to my dream of less ironing.

Does this heat up to 212 degrees F?

I second that… Mine’s setup the same way. If you’re worried about spillage (which has yet to happen), get one of those boot trays any number of stores. The water storage is no different from that of a humidifier that you’d put in your bedroom.

@neuropsychosocial: And um… if you really don’t want that steamer, I’m happy to buy it off you… Can always start Xmas shopping early. :stuck_out_tongue:

Depends on what you use it for. It definitely is easier to use for shirts than for pants (it’s probably just me), but at the end of the day it’s fully functional for both. I use this on a fairly regular basis as my “wrinkle-free” work shirts seem to like wrinkling somewhere between the dryer and the closet. About 2 minutes to heat up and maybe a couple of more to steam a shirt. You will get some wet spots if you linger too long in one spot, but it dries quickly.

Same sale. Mine is sitting in the box in my daughters closet.
I really need to set it up.

Plus every time Daughter comes home, she complains about us using her closet.

what is this i don’t even