Sunbeam 1500 Watt Garment Steamer

Has anyone tried using a garment steamer to help remove wallpaper? My house is just full of awful 80’s era wallpaper that I’m dreading having to remove. But I can’t resist a multi-tasker!

I bought one last go around. MISTAKE!

It’s not a good steamer. To get it to work even half way, you have to almost soak your garment. It will NOT crease anything, let alone heavy pants. It doesn’t give anywhere near the same results as an iron. There is no crispness to steamed clothes … They just come out a little less wrinkled.

If you want to consider yourself well dressed, this won’t do it for you. Now a $$$ priced commercial steamer - sure. Not this consumer wannabee. Oh, and the clips and hangers are almost useless, too.

Thank you for taking the time to email us. We appreciate your concerns as well as your business.

“I’m sorry to hear that. At this time we do not have access to our inventory due to the Woot-Off. Please email us once it concludes and we can check inventory at that time for a replacement order. If you’d rather have a refund, let us know immediately and we’ll start the returns process.”
Do you think that now the woot-off is over and you are selling the item again that you could check your inventory?

I really enjoy mine. I work in a place where a shirt and tie is required every day. With it, I can take the clothes out of the washer, hang them up to dry, then steam them in the morning. It puts out quite a bit of steam, and is ready in about 45 seconds. It does not take long for me to get all the the wrinkles out of my clothes. It does have a crease tool, but I do not use it, since I purchase pants that have a permanent crease in them. Also, you have to only use distilled water, especially in a hard water area. The switch is on the bottom, so make sure you don’t mistakenly leave it on.

I have, works well.

to remove wallpaper.