Suncé Winery & Vineyard Mixed Bordeaux Library - 12 Pack

wow

Okay, Im intrigued. Anyone have any specific knowledge of this winery or vintages?

Suncé Winery & Vineyard Mixed Bordeaux Library - 12 Pack
$169.99 + $5 shipping
CONDITION: Red
PRODUCTS:
3 2002 North Coast Meritage
3 2004 Cabernet Sauvignon, Clear Lake– W. Strycker Vineyard
3 2004 Cabernet Sauvignon, Russian River Valley– Hedin Vineyard
3 2004 North Coast Merlot – Wild Hare Vineyard
CT links above

Winery website

hi was wondering why they recommend a business address for shipping?

Mmmm. A library I can drink! While reading. In my library.

Alcohol shipments require an adult signature. Therefore, there’s more likely to be an adult to sign for the wine at a business than at a home.

because it has to be signed for. so there is more of a chance of someone being there if it is at a bussiness.

That’s to ensure someone will be “home” to sign for the delivery. No big deal w/Fedex since they will call a day ahead to notify you of drop-off… of course, there’s no guarantee when they will arrive.

Most businesses a) have someone there during normal business (delivery) hours and 2) that person will be over 21 and so can sign for the package.

Whether or not they’re intoxicated is another story!

Because there is typicaly someone there to receive the package who is over 21 and is not visibly drunk vs. attempting to deliver to your home that is more than likely vacant or possibly denying delivery to the child or drunk who answers the door.

thanks for the fast replies guys! will make a great x-mas gift for many people on my list, just what i was looking for! :slight_smile:

http://media.bigoo.ws/content/smile/signs/signs_103.gif

Just a reminder that this Saturday is the RAID!!

Raid on zTimBz & Sparky’s Wine Lockers info.

So if you are in Southern California, this is the time to visit those internet weirdos!!

http://img16.imageshack.us/img16/3189/winewoot5stagesofaccept.jpg" width=600

end

http://media.bigoo.ws/content/smile/signs/signs_103.gif

does anyone has any information about this wine? from looking at there website this is a real good deal.

Previous Woot http://wine.woot.com/Blog/ViewEntry.aspx?Id=19005

Got the same case, but haven’t yet popped a single one, sigh…

Six answers (and counting!) to the shipping question, but no info on the winery. You guys are funny! :slight_smile:

I bought a Suncé mixed pack back in Dec 2010/Jan 2011. Some were fine, but both bottles of malbec were spoiled (pretty loose corks) and replaced by woot.

I see I also had a dead merlot in that mixed case, and a brown/dead syrah, both of which I didn’t bother saying anything about (I was annoyed by then at the failure rate).

Total price for that mixed case was $130, and honestly, I don’t think I would do it again, much less for more money and for cabs that I basically demand be good.

Why cant i be drunk when i receive the package?

I’ve bought several cases of their wine and have enjoyed them. The cellartracker notes for the cabs are on target. The wine needs to breath for 1-2 hours.

A different take on California cab.

The 2002 Meritage I haven’t tried yet but we really liked a more recent vintage (2004?).

I bought this offering a while back and have had all 4 wines. They are not bad for the money but did not blow my socks off. I believe the Stryker Cab was the best of the lot and the Meritage the least impressive.

Where is the Vella Dry Jack cheese?

I bought a mixed case from them a while back, it had:

2005 Suncé Meritage, Franicevic Series
2005 Suncé Merlot Trumann King’s Vineyard
2006 Suncé Petite Sirah El Dorado
2005 Suncé Pinot Noir Rodella Vineyard
2008 Suncé Sangiovese Romo’s Vineyard
2007 Suncé Zemlja’s Blend St. Olof Vineyards

I LOVED the Pinot Noir, the Meritage was good, and the Merlot was good. I wasn’t crazy about the Zemlja’s blend (perhaps it needs aging?), don’t think I’ve tried the Sangiovese or Petite Sirah yet.

What’s intriguing about this case is that these wines are all nicely aged, and from my experience most 2004 California cabs are drinking very well right now, so this could be a good deal.